Hiss Hiss, Bang Bang

Jim might be a little bit OOC in some chapters, but it will make sense when a certain chapter is posted. Enjoy! :D

Right now, we're on our bikes, going down the street to school. "Have you talked to him about it?" Toby asked. "No, it has to come from you. Why haven't you talked to him about it?" I asked. "He just got out of the Darklands. He needs time to recover." Toby said. We looked back over to where Jim is, and he was doing a stunt. "Seems fine to me." Claire said.

Jim made a stop. "Come on, slowpokes, let's take the old shortcut!" Jim suggested. We stopped as well. "Well, uh, since you've been gone, Claire found a faster way." Toby said. "Pssh! Come on. Faster than the canals?" Jim questions. The three of us looked at each other.

We used one of Claire's shadow portals. "You're right. You have gotten good at that." Jim said as Claire put her staff away in her backpack. We then hear the school bell ring. "Good ol' Arcadia Oaks High! I wonder what we'll learn today." Jim said, driving his bike over to the school grounds. "He's clearly NOT fine." I said. "Yeah, I mean, who in their right mind looks forward to school." Toby questioned. "Did he, like, hit his head while he was in the Darklands?" I ask as we followed behind.

On School Grounds

We entered the school, and when everyone saw Jim, they started clapping and cheering. "What the...?" Jim questions. "Jim! You're back! And alive!" Eli exclaimed as he ran over and hugged Jim. "'Back'? They know?" Jim asks. "They know you're the first person to be officially cured by the incurable Jim Lake Disease." Toby said, hinting. "Oh..." Jim said, getting the gist of it. "Jim, you're a walking medical mystery." Claire said. "Yep. Still could be contagious. Move along, Eli." Toby said, getting Eli off of Jim. "Bye, Jim! Gonna go wash my hands now." Eli said, wiping his hands on Toby's sweater and ran off as the other kids left.

"T.P. and Raph covered for you while you were gone, but-" "T.P.?" Jim questions. "Oh, duh! Toby Pie." Claire answered. "Guess you missed that one, too." Claire continued. Toby just made a pouty expression. "You missed a lot, dude!" Toby exclaimed, changing his expression to a happy one quickly. "I had to pretend to be you. I had to eat your mom's spaghetti carbonara. More like 'cardboard-nara'. You own me!" Toby said as he took his backpack off of his shoulders and was going through it. "You also missed two weeks of homework." I said as Toby pulled out three books. "Don't hate us." Toby said. "Hate you? Are you kidding? I LOVE homework!" Jim exclaimed, hugging the books. "Hmm... lets see. I have Spanish, social studies,... ugh algebra." Jim said, going through what he has.

"Look who's back!" Steve said, pushing Jim to the side and knocking him down and dropping his books. Steve grabbed Jim by the shoulders. "Did I hear you just say you love homework?" Steve questions. "There's something fishy going on in this lake." Steve accused. "I even missed you." Jim said as he wrapped his arm around Steve's shoulder. "The ol' Palchuck." Jim continued. "Wha?" Steve questions in confusion.

---

(Time-skip)

Home is the same, school is the same, Trollmarket is the same." Jim said. Then a Krubera Troll walked pass us. "Except for that guy. What's that guy doing here?" Jim questions. "Stinking, horrible traitor!" We heard Blinkous shout from the library.

We ran into the library to see Blinkous burning all of the books in the library.

"Blinky?"

"What are you doing"

"You love your books! This isn't you!" Toby exclaimed. "Not my books! I'm destroying any that bear my traitorous brother's name." Blinky explained as he threw a book behind him, into the hill of books that are on fire. "FULL OF LIES!" Blinkous exclaimed loudly. "My Gumm-Gumm brother cannot be trusted and neither can these!" Blinky continued. "Blink! They have been useful before, so they can be useful again." Jim said, trying to make Blinkous come to his senses and grabbing some of the burnt up books out of the fire. "Aren't you gonna stop him, wingman?" Toby questions as Aaarrrgghh is sniffing Toby. "Uh, what's wrong with Aaarrrgghh?" Toby asked. "Leave him. Ever since he's returned from death, his sense of smell has been curiously heightened. He's been sniffing everything for hours." Blinkous explained.