Gnome Your Enemy

TW: Slight Swearing

"For centuries, the troll and human worlds stood separate and at peace, divided by bridges that acted as doorways between our two realms. But the GummGumms wanted to devour all of mankind. They were lead by Gunmar "the Black". The rest of trollkind fought against him, culminating in the great Battle of Killahead Bridge, the portal to Gunmar's Darklands. After any moons, good triumphed over evil, and our great Trollhunter Deya "the Deliverer", locked Gunmar away, exiling him to the Darklands, and sealed the Killahead Bridge with the sacred amulet. After we tore it apart, stone by stone. We left the old world in search for peace. We stowed away on a ship called the Mayflower, just a handful of us and some gnomes we'd brought along for companionship and nourishment. Finally we arrived in a strange and exotic realm."

"New Jersey." Aaarrrgghh added.

"We kept walking. Eventually, we came across a new Heartstone, and realized we had found a new home... under Arcadia." Blinky said as he finished reading the short story of how they found their home in Arcadia. He pulled the book out of his field of vision to see that Aaarrrgghh and Toby were sitting on the floor with their hands holding their heads with grins, Jim leaning on Aaarrrgghh's arm while sleeping, and me training myself making strikes at nothing. Blinky made a groan of frustration. I stopped what I was doing and walked over to Blinky and reached my hand out. He handed me the book, and when he did I said "Watch and learn." and walked over to where Jim was with Blinkous behind me with a curious look.

I stood in front of Jim with Blinky right next to me. I leaned down with book wide open in hands, and closed he book as hard as I can. "¡Lo siento, Señor Draal! ¡No me mates!" Jim shouted, and jumped from being spooked and handed Blinky back the book and went back to what I was doing. "The training of troll history might seem like a minor duty, Master Jim, but-" "Sorry, I pulled an all-nighter studying for my Spanish Comprehension exam and my brain is muy gooey." Jim explained. "I don't know. I guess I thought if I'm facing Draal in a week, my training would be a little more... active." Jim said as he got up with his Spanish book in his hand and yawned along with Aaarrrgghh.

"Yeah, like, when is he going to learn Troll-kwondo? Or Rock-itsu?" Toby asked. "I don't think those exist, Tobes." I said still fighting with my 'imaginary opponent'. "Exactly, Lady Y/n, but before one fights, Toby D., one must understand why one fights. For these precious early steps will decide whether a young Trollhunter will become a Deya "the Deliverer"..." "Or Unkar "the Unfortunate"." Aaarrrgghh finished the last part of Blinks' speech. "Well, tomorrow, my Spanish exam is with Señor Uhl "the Unforgiving". My main concern is for my immediate future." Jim complained.

Señor Uhl is one of my favorite teachers, mainly because we almost got the same personalities. "A-ha! But, to learn what will happen in the future, one must only look to the past." Blinky said, holding the book, and then dropped it into Jim's arms. "I recommend 'A Brief Recapitulation of Troll Lore' by the venerable Bedhilde. Volume one of 47." Blinky suggested. "Okay, but if I don't pass the exam, I'm grounded and I can't be the Trollhunter. Sorry, Blinky, but the amulet chose me, and now I have two lives to keep up." Jim said as he backed away. When Jim finished, a lady troll came running in, panting.

"Oh, no. Is it the Heartstone?" Blinky asked. "No! No!" She said, still trying to catch her breath.

"Stalkling?" Aaarrrgghh asked. 'What the fuck is a Stalkling?" I questioned to myself.

"Is Bular in Trollmarket?" Jim asked.

"No! Gnome! Rouge Gnome!" She shouted and exclaimed in the forge, making it echo.

---

We took us a long walk to get to Bagdwella's shop, which I found out, is close to the fucking entrance. But anyways, back to the 'Gnome' problem. "First I couldn't find my monocle, then my collection of bed coils. Now, something disappears every minute!" She exclaimed. As she was about to sit down, she fell because the stool was taken. "Ah, yes. Gnome." Blinky said as he offered his hand to her. "Oh, dirty little pest." She said as she smacked his hand away and got herself up.