003.

SCARLETT HAD poured some of the tequila into her slushie and took a sip. The two sat in deafening silence. It was slightly awkward. Scarlett watched as the cars zipped past her, causing a slight wind in the chilly spring night.

"I hate your sister," Tory said bluntly.

"To be honest, sometimes, so do I," Scarlett chuckled sipping the mixed drink in her cup.

"She's so irritating," Tory added.

"You think," Scarlett scoffed.

"I'm on probation because of her," Tory chuckled bitterly taking a sip from the bottle.

"Oh, yeah. The fight at school. It wouldn't have even happened if Sam didn't kiss Miguel."

Tory looked at her, "Thank you. Finally, someone who doesn't blame me."

"I would have done the same," Scarlett shrugged, "What's better than revenge?" Tory chuckled, "You know? She thinks about you way more than -I'm sure- you think about her. I mean the girl gets nightmares about you."

Tory openly laughed, "I'm so throwing that in her face."

"I'm serious. So what are you out here drinking?"

"My mom's sick. Like really sick. I try to take care of her and my brother, but it just..." Tory shook her head, "I'm trying. Nobody really wants to hire someone on probation."

"I'm sorry," Scarlett spoke truthfully.

Tory quietened, "Ok, enough about my sop story, what's yours?"

"Well earlier today, I was in my room minding my own business, when Sam barges in and drags me to see a movie. When we get back are parents are fussing over where we've been and whatever and she says sorry Scar wanted to see a movie. Anyway, we ate and then our parents ask about our grades. I tell them I got all A's and Sam says she got both A's and B's. And you know what my dad says? That soon enough she could take over the company. He completely ignores me."

"But you got better grades," Tory said confusedly.

"Exactly. But that's just how it is in my house. Sam's at the top of the pyramid and I'm at the bottom. Don't even get me started on my brother. The poor boy's just there. I mean what's so great about Sam anyway?"

"Nothing."

"I try everything to impress my parents. I do three sports while maintaining a 4.0 GPA but I get no recognition. I am tired of being second place," Scarlett ranted.

"Join Cobra Kai. That'll get their attention," Tory joked taking a swing from the tequila.

Scarlett sat up straight, "That's actually a really good idea." Thinking about it she smiled to herself. It would piss her parents off so much that they'd have to pay attention to her for one moment. It was sad that this is what it was coming to, acting out for attention, but Scarlett couldn't possibly care less. Her parents were dismissive and this would show them.

"Woah. Woah, wait. You're drunk think about this rationally," Tory said.

"I'm serious. I quit karate a few years ago because my dad wouldn't teach me. If I join Cobra Kai he's going to be pissed. And not only that but I could finally get out of my sister's shadow." Karate had always been Sam's "thing" but it was Scarlett's long after Sam quit.

Tory sighed, "Well yeah, but are you willing to hurt your family?"

"I don't know. I guess I'll have to find out," Scarlett shrugged.

"Well, I like this plan. You're pretty decent," Tory smirked.

"Thanks," Scarlett smiled. She looked down at her phone and swore, "I should probably go. Before my parents found out I snuck out."

"Ok," Tory nodded, "Meet me here, tomorrow. I'll introduce you to my sensei and we could work something out." Scarlett felt a sense of adrenaline rush through her at the prospect of blatantly defying her parents. It was envigorating and she loved it.

"Thank you, Tory. You're not too bad yourself," Scarlett smiled before getting into her car and driving back home.