022.

AS summer started, Cobra Kai moved to a new location. Scarlett was still conflicted about her 'win' at the All Valley. She and Tory never got the chance to tell Kreese about it as he had gone to prison, for the assault of a man. She didn't know how or when it had happened, but she knew that it was after the All Valley. 

Her parents had made no move to contact her, probably too sad about the defeat of their precious Sam and her grandmother was overjoyed by the fact that she had won.

Robby had left the country with his father and simultaneously left Cobra Kai. He hadn't given Scarlett a full rundown on why he had gone or left the dojo but only said that he needed to reconnect with his father and get away from the place. 

Miyagi-Do had shut down at the beginning of the summer and the entirety of Cobra Kai had rejoiced in the closing. 

Scarlett was late to class but she was hoping that Silver would let it slide. She stepped inside, already dressed in her gi. Men were lined up at the foot of the mat and Silver was pacing in front of the tens of students in front of him. 

As he saw her he stepped aside, "Let's all give it up. Champ is in the house."

Scarlett swallowed as the group clapped. If only they knew she wasn't actually a champion. Tory cast an apologetic glance from her spot on the mat as she clapped also. She bowed at the mat as Silver chuckled, "She's allowed to be a little late. Today." The group chuckled. 

She took her place beside Tory and Kenny, who leant over, "When are you gonna bring your trophy in?"

"Not today," she replied coldly. 

"All right, warm up," Silver called, he motioned to the men standing behind him, "The senseis will instruct you. Let's see what they know."

As everyone walked off Scarlett turned to look at Tory as she spoke, "Hey, are you ok?"

"Why wouldn't I be," Scarlett shrugged, plastering a fake smile on her face. The only comfort she had at the moment was that Tory knew what was happening. 

Two senseis walked up to them and one pushed the other away. 

"So, you are champion, eh?" He questioned, an accent lining his words.

"Yeah. I guess," Scarlett sighed. She didn't know what to think anymore. She thought that Silver believed in her ability to beat her sister but clearly, he didn't. 

"Good. Then I will not go easy on you," he responded. He started to walk away and Scarlett reluctantly followed. He took out a pad and instructed her to do a few drills. She wasn't too focused on what she was doing, more concerned about the fact that she was a cheater. As the kicked he stopped, "You are better than this."

"How the hell would you know?" Scarlett scoffed, "You've never seen me fight."

"It is obvious. You are troubled," he replied. Scarlet avoided his eyes, "Maybe you do not want to train anymore now that you are champion."

"That's not it. I've just... got a lot going on. I don't fight for a trophy. I fight for myself," Scarlett responded defensively. She was annoyed that this sensei was trying to say she wasn't hard working. 

"Good reasons."

"What about you? Why be a sensei."

"Honour."

Scarlett raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's it."

"That's everything. I thought I had lost my honour. Eventually, I understood. No one can take honour from you. Only you can take honour from yourself." Scarlett contemplated his words. 

Silver walked over, "How's it going here sensei..."

"Jokichi Tatsuya," the sensei responded. He bowed before he said, "Everyone calls me Joe."

Silver nodded, "Sensei Joe. What are you working on with our champion?"

Sensei Joe looked at her, "First train mind. Then train body."

"Don't let me interrupt." Silver stepped aside and sensei Joe turned back to face her. 

"If you want to break free of troubles you must face them directly," he said. Scarlett subtly glanced at Silver, "Now focus. Center. Breathe. Attack!" Scarlett did as asked and Silver praised her. 

"Nice work LaRusso."

Sensei Joe dropped the mat, "Now like this." He turned toward the training dummy and attacked. He looked at Scarlett and she nodded. 

"You know Tang Soo Do," Silver stated. Joe nodded, "Where are you from exactly, Sensei Joe?"

"Kyoto."

"Ah beautiful. I've always loved the Fushimi Inari Shrine," Silver spoke. Scarlett watched as his eyes glimmered, with what she didn't know. 

"Too many tourists. Nanzen-ji Temple, much better for your next visit," Joe suggested. He gave the man a small smile and Scarlett looked between them. Silver nodded and motioned for them to carry on. 

Later that evening, Scarlett waited until everyone at the dojo was gone. She wanted to confront Silver about what he did. She watched as he walked toward her, "I need to talk to you," she stated. 

"LaRusso, what's on your mind?" Silver asked with a smile, "Excited to take things to the next level?"

Scarlett shrugged, "What's the point? You'll just pay to make me champion again." She was completely bitter and he could see that. 

Silver went quiet and his smile dropped, "So you know about the ref." She nodded, "Told anyone else?"

"No. Not yet," Scarlett stated. She didn't want to get Tory in trouble, so she kept her knowledge to herself, "So you don't deny it?"

"Not at all. I paid him off to make sure Cobra Kai won. It was an insurance policy. You still won the fight."

"Did I?"

"Of course you did," Silver responded, "You're the champion. I know it. LaRusso knows it. The whole Valley knows it. If you don't believe it, you're the only person who doesn't."

"So what am I supposed to do now? Just go back to normal and pretend I didn't just cheat my way to the top? Act like nothing happened?"

"Listen. I never had to scrape and claw for attention my whole life, like you. But what I do know is how to use every advantage to ensure victory," Silver stated. 

"You mean cheating."

"The tournament was a matter of Cobra Kai's survival. If a person steals food to survive are they cheating? Or are they doing what must be done? I want you to be here. And I want you to be you. If you chose to leave, I won't hold it against you. But if you come back tomorrow, I will make you the future of this dojo. The decision is yours."

He walked away and Scarlett sighed. She grabbed her things and exited the building.