008.

THAT NIGHT Scarlett snuck out of her room, despite knowing her mother probably would figure it out, and walked to the park. It was a short walk and as she approached she saw Robby already working on some moves.

"Keene," Scarlett called.

"LaRusso," Robby smiled. He hugged her.

"So what'd you want to work on," Scarlett asked.

"Anything and everything," Robby replied.

Scarlett shrugged off the jacket she was wearing and placed it on a nearby bench, "Okay let's go." She had stretched before she left and she was ready to go. She got into a fighting stance and they started. Robby threw light punches and she blocked; returning the gesture.

"How have you been?" Scarlett asked. She hadn't seen him in ages and this was a good opportunity for the two to catch up on events in each other's lives.

"I've been all right. Sam came to see me the other day," Robby replied as he punched. She turned and shoved him. He stumbled back a bit but continued.

"What'd you say?"

"Basically told her to fuck off," Robby chuckled.

"Ahh, I'm sure she loved that," Scarlett said sarcastically. He tried to sweep her leg and she stepped back, "I thought we were going easy."

"We are," Robby smiled. Scarlett shook her head and tried to hook kick him. He caught her foot and smirked.

"Seriously?" Scarlett asked as she hopped on one foot. It was a highly uncomfortable position. She tugged her foot from his hold and swept his leg. He fell and Scarlett cheered, only to topple herself a moment later as he twisted her leg. She laughed as she rolled over next to him.

"That hurt," Robby groaned.

"Don't be a baby," Scarlett teased as he stood. She looked up at him and propped herself on her elbows, "You didn't fall that hard."

"I know I didn't. You did," Robby stated rubbing his side, "I think you bruised my ribs," he joked.

"You're dramatic," Scarlett denied. He helped her up and they got back into a fighting stance. Scarlett kicked as he questioned.

"So what's been happening with you?" Robby asked.

"The usual. Sam, Sam and more Sam," Scarlett rolled her eyes as she bent down to pick up the bottle of water she had brought with her.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

"What about Miyagi-Do?" Robby asked sitting on the bench.

"They think they're going to beat us. Dad's been ranting about it. He and Johnny are now best friends and I see that man more than I'd like. Sorry," Scarlett sat next to him. She knew Robby didn't see his father often and it was wrong that she was seeing him as he wasn't her dad.

"It's all right. It's just stupid," Robby replied.

"Well after we win we can show them that we're amazing," Scarlett said causing him to laugh.

"You think we're gonna win?"

"Of course we are," Scarlett scoffed. Robby looked at her and she smiled at him, "Now come on. Sitting on a bench isn't going to help us win."

The students of Cobra Kai practised the Miyagi-Do moves effortlessly, they seemed to learn them quickly which was a good thing. Robby stood at the front of the room directing with Kreese standing off to the side observing as the door opened. He walked toward the open door allowing the students to continue.

"Mr Keene," Kreese called. They looked over. A frail boy stood in front of Kreese nervously, "You have a visitor." Scarlett's brows furrowed as she looked at the boy. He was small and timid looking standing beside Kreese.

"Do you know him?" Scarlett asked. Robby shook his head in confusion.

"I-I'm Kenny. My brother Shawn Payne said you could help me," the boy said.

"I didn't know Shawn had a brother. Is he out?" Robby questioned.

"No. That's why I'm here. These a-holes keep hassling me," Kenny said, "One of them knows karate so-"

He was cut off by Kreese, "This is a dojo. You are interrupting my class." Scarlett felt as though he was being a bit harsh toward the boy but understood that they were in the middle of class.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know," Kenny apologized quickly.

"Sensei. Shawn Payne was the toughest guy in juvie. Kicked my ass a few times," Robby said causing Kreese to chuckle.

"You know in the real world, we have to fight our own battles. Cobra Kai can teach you how. But you have to prove you're worthy," Kreese said.

"How do I do that," questioned Kenny.

"Take your shoes off and get onto the mat," Kreese replied. Kenny looked at Robby who looked him up and down. Kenny removed his shoes and the students sat around the mat with him in the middle.

"All right Mr Payne, let's see what you got. Mr Park," Kyler got up with a smug smirk. He got onto the mat and waited for the boy.

"Wait, how am I supposed to fight if I haven't had any training yet?" Kenny asked warily.

"To be a Cobra Kai, you have to have a killer instinct," Kreese replied and Kyler cracked his neck, "Fighting positions."

"Don't worry man, I'll go easy on you," Kyler smirked as he raised his fists.

"Ais!"

Kyler moved forward and Kenny squealed and ran backwards off the mat causing the students to laugh. Scarletti will admit, even if it was cruel, she snickered a little bit. But it was a cruel world and he had to learn to be tough.

"Come back on the mat. Grow some pubes. Let's go," Kyler encouraged.

"It's all right Mr Payne," Kreese stated, "Try again."

"Ais!"

Kyler went to kick him and Kenny ran back, scared.

"All right I've seen enough," Kreese said.

"Yeah, me too," Kyler laughed. The group laughed with him and Scarlett felt slightly sorry for the poor boy. Kreese looked at them.

"What's so funny? The All Valley's just a few short months away. We don't have time for losers. Or cowards," Kreese said. Kenny looked disappointed as he took his shoes and left. Robby sighed from beside Scarlett and she offered him a sympathetic smile.

The class finished what they had started and Kreese dismissed them.

"Good work today. But I want better than good tomorrow," Kreese said as they were packing up.

"Yes Sensei," they replied.

As they exited the dojo, they passed a man.

Scarlett looked towards where Kyler and Tory were talking, "Is it just me or is he trying to woo her?"

"Yes, he is," Robby laughed.

"If Kyler wasn't such an ass they would make a good couple," Scarlett said.

"Yeah. I have to go, see you later yeah? Park?"

"Yeah."