027.

AT the Cobra Kai dojo, the students were being drilled on speed and precision. Scarlett stood at the front along with Tory and a few others, grunting as her muscles burned. The combination of movements was hard and pushed them to the brink of exhaustion. 

"They're really pushing us hard lately," Devon breathed, "Seems like we're getting ready for a fight, but who are we fighting?"

Neither she nor Tory responded, only glancing at each other. She looked at them, "Still don't want me here, huh? Why are you so dead set on freezing me out?"

"Becasue this place is dangerous, and you shouldn't be here," Tory hissed. 

"Are you two that scared of a little competition? Can't handle the idea of someone coming after the Queen Cobra's crown?" Devon scoffed. 

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "I'm not worried about you Devon. I'm worried for you."

She continued her movements and ignored the other two girls. 

Almost an hour later, Silver came out of the office and gather up all of the students. Scarlett wasn't too sure what was happening, but she did as told. 

"The world is made up of two kinds of people. Leaders and followers. Cobra Kai, like a military unit, needs both to function successfully. So we're gonna divide you up into pairs."

"The goal of each pair is to score a point against an opponent who outmatches you," Kim spoke from behind him. Only strong leadership will allow you to prevail."

"Sensei Kim will take the girls. Boys, you'll stay here and spar with Sensei Odell. All right. Spilt up," Silver instructed. 

The girls walked off to the other side of the dojo and sat around the mat. Kim walked in the middle and analysed the girls. 

"Lee."

"Yes Sensei," Devon stood.

"Nichols," Kim stated. 

"Yes, Sensei." Tory stood and Scarlett shot her a small smile. The two bowed to the woman before standing on the same side and doing it once more. 

"Fighting stance!" Kim instructed. 

"Ais!" Devon attacked first and was kicked in the face. She and Tory spoke frantically before she attacked once more. Kim manoeuvred herself away from the attacking, gripping her arm and flipping her over. She moved to Tory and side-kicked, hitting the blonde in the face.

The two girls reconjoined but were a bit off as they both turned the same way to attack. Kim grabbed both arms and flipped the two over her shoulders using their own weight against them. Devon groaned on the ground as Tory stood. 

"What was that sound? Was that pain? Pain does not exist. Get off the mat."

They watched a few more girls go through the drills. Some of them were successful but others were not. Scarlett was itching for her turn to step onto the mat. Scarlett grimaced as Kim knocked two girls down. 

"Will no one rise to the occasion?" she questioned. 

Scarlett made eye contact with Tory across the mat. She shook her head violently. Scarlett nodded and spoke, "We will."

"Good."

The two stood as Kim raised her fists. Scarlett whispered small instructions to Tory and the two split up. The two teens circled the woman like prey before attacking from bother sides. As Tory sent swift kicks toward the woman, Scarlett jabbed. Kim was not able to look both ways, yet still somehow managed to push them back. 

The woman swept Tory's feet causing her to crumble and then turned on Scarlett, kicking her in the abdomen to the mat. Scarlett rolled up, brushing off the pain in her midsection and attacked once more. She sent kicks toward Kim's head but was blocked and KIm counteracted with her own punch to Sscarlett's chest. 

The LaRusso girl wheezed as the wind was knocked out of her. 

Tory attacked her as Scarlett gathered her bearings. She still breathed heavily as she attempted to help her friends. However, Kim gripped her arm and flipped the two over. Scarlett sighed, defeated as she hit the mat yet again. 

Kim sneered, "You are weak apart, but together you must learn to be strong. Stand. Class dismissed."