025.

SCARLETT and Tory went to see Kreese again once she found out that her father had been put in the hospital. He'd suffered injuries from an assault, caused by Silver. The two walked in as the guard brought them over to Kreese, "Kreese, your granddaughters are here."

The two stood in front of him, "Hi Grandpa," they chorused awkwardly. 

"Hi granddaughters." they took a seat opposite him, "How'd our little sting pan out?"

"Not the way we hoped. My father was in the fucking hospital. Silver didn't even bat an eye."

"He's been too focused on expanding the dojos," Tory informed. 

Kreese frowned, "That's unfortunate. Is there something else?"

"Yes! My father got hurt. Because of me, because of us," Scarlett snapped. Though she wasn't on the best terms with her family, she still cared about them. Whether they cared about her or not. 

"Well that's one enemy down," he sighed. Scarlett glared, "When I get out of here, I'll take care of the other."

"You don't care about what happened to Mr LaRusso?" Tory asked. 

"Of course he doesn't he's a bloodthirsty monster," Scarlett muttered under her breath in annoyance. 

"He was a means to an end," Kreese responded simultaneously. 

Tory frowned, "Is that what we are?"

"Of course not. We are the only ones who can trust each other," Kreese stated. 

Scarlett sighed and dropped her head, "So how much longer do we have to stay at that dojo? I don't want to be there anymore. That place has fucked up my entire life."

Kreese sighed, "I know how difficult it is to be behind enemy lines. But I need you both there for a little longer." A buzzer sounded as the door behind them opened, "I got a plan to get out of this place."

"You do?" Both girls questioned. Tory was more surprised, while Scarlett's words were sceptical. 

"Yeah. I'm gonna play the good soldier, which is what I need you to do. So do whatever Silver says but keep your eyes and your ears open. Now he's smart but he'll slip. And that'll be the opening that we need. Can you handle that?"

"Yes sensei," they responded. 

"Good."

Scarlett was made to go with Silver and his new goons to Topanga Karate, where they would be recruiting new students. Scarlett insisted that Tory come along so she could listen in on Silver's conversations when she was busy. Silver didn't know this obviously, but let the blonde come anyway. 

They entered the dojo as the sensei was talking to a familiar girl. She was the female from the tournament on Eagle Fang's team. 

"So watch that aggression. Okay?" said the sensei. 

"I thought she fought perfectly," Silver smirked. 

The sensei smiled, "Terry, so good to see you. Class, gather around, please. I have a bittersweet announcement to make. Sensei Terry Silver has made me a very generous offer, and I'm proud to say Topanga Karate is now under new management. We're thrilled to be part of the Cobra Kai family."

"Thank you, Sensei Rosenthal," Silver responded, "I'm sure you're all wondering what this means for the future of your dojo. Yes, there will be some changes. All for the better. And I hope you don't mind your dues getting cheaper. You'll be given a new sensei. For today, Sensei Kim and Sensei Hyan-woo."

Rosenthal stepped toward Silver and whispered quietly. Scarlett's head tilted. The man clearly didn't know he was being replaced according to the look that washed over his face. 

Silver disregarded him, "Topanga Karate has spent the last few years taking losses left and right. That ends today. My new senseis will be moulding you all into winners just like our own All Valley Tournament Champion, Scarlett LaRusso." Scarlett stepped forward as he continued, "If you wanna be taught by the best of the best, step up and take a gi from Sensei Odell. If you wanna quit, then at least take a complimentary thermos from Sensei Bacaria as my gift to you."

All of the students stepped forward to take a gi. Silver smirked at Rosenthal, "Well looks like your students made their decision. Shalom Sensei. Class is all yours. LaRusso, Nichols, you're with me."

A voice spoke up, "No! Your champion stays here."

"Why?" Scarlett questioned. Sensei Kim stepped in front of her. 

"I need to see who the best fighters are in this dojo. You will help me test them."

Scarlett looked at Silver who shrugged. 

"Yes Sensei," Scarlett bowed. 

He turned to Kim, "You don't need Nichols right?" Kim shook her head, "Lets go."

Scarlett grabbed Tory's arm before she left, "Be careful. Try and find out what you can."

Tory nodded before she left. Kim immediately started to drill the class. Scarlett stepped in front with Hyan-woo as the woman paced in front of them. 

"Pair up. Show me knife strike, palm strike, back fist," she ordered, "Five up, five down." In Korean, she instructed them to start. Scarlett noticed that Devon was looking for a partner. The girl went over to a dummy and practised on that. 

As she noticed the approaching LaRusso she muttered, "Keep walking."

"Fine, break your hand, I won't stop you," Scarlett shrugged and turned. 

"I know what I'm doing," Devon replied. 

Scarlett chuckled, looking back at her, "Sure. Then hit me." Devon looked at her up and down before getting into stance. She attacked and Scarlett simply grabbed her hand, "That was pathetic." She moved toward the dummy and stuck it clean, "You have to keep the side of your hand sharp, like a knife."

Devon demonstrated and looked at her. Scarlett nodded, "Better. But not by much so keep working on it," she watched as Devon shifted her gi. She was still in the Topanga Karate one, "Why are you still in that gi?"

"I'm still deciding whether your dojo has what it takes to earn me as a student."

Scarlett chuckled and circled her, "When did you start again?" she paused, "Oh that's right. Three weeks before the tournament. I guess you forgot who kicked your ass in that same tournament. Tory."

"Please. That ref was blind. He gave her a point when I was out of bounds," Devon stated stepping closer. 

Scarlett shrugged, "Then why are you still here?"

"My mom always said... The only way your really lose, is by giving up."

"Smart woman," Scarlett stated. 

Devon looked away, "She was."

"Sorry."

"For what? You didn't do anything. I'd love to kick cancer's ass though," Devon muttered. 

The LaRusso girl sighed. She didn't have someone in her family with cancer and she couldn't even imagine the struggle, "You're angry. And you have to take that anger and put it into your fists." 

Devon stepped back toward the dummy and struck. 

Kim called for a stop and looked at the two, "I have seen enough. You have used your strength to train each other. Now you will use your strength against each other. LaRusso, get them ready."