chapter forty three

Mary leans on her hands while watching the timer on the microwave, the popping of the popcorn bag was the only sound in her quiet kitchen. She was worried about what was gonna happen to Benny and Ethan with the vampire council tomorrow, since she couldn't really be there without raising a few hairs.

Her phone starts to ring suddenly, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Hullo?" She picks up.

"Hi babe," Benny says on the other line, "what're you doing?"

She shrugs, "nothing much, making some popcorn then I'm gonna watch a movie. Why, what's up?"

"Well, why don't you answer the door?"

Suddenly, a knock comes from her front door. She grins and runs up to it eagerly, throwing it open to see Benny there. "Awe, hi!" She grins and wraps her arms around his neck, burying her face into his chest. He chuckles at her excitement, it was so sweet. "Hi, love."

"What're you doing here?" She asks, pulling away to look at him.

Benny shrugs, "I don't know, I just started to miss you." He chuckles, "it's silly I know because we were just at school together, but..."

Mary blushes, "it's not silly at all." She leans up to kiss him softly, he hugs her closer to him.

"Come on," she says, pulling him into the house. "Let's pick out a movie."

...

About an hour later they were comfortable on the couch watching a random movie they picked out. Benny was more focused on her, he was slightly nervous about what was gonna happen with this Lusifractor business. He's had a bad feeling about it since they found it, and if something were to happen, he didn't want to loose any time with her.

Mary could feel his uneasinesses just by sitting next to him right now. She props her head up to look in his eyes, "are you okay?"

He nods, "yeah."

She raises her eyebrows at him, "are you sure?"

He sighs and shakes his head, "it's scary how easy you can read me, but I also love it." He replies, she grins. "I know," she sits up to face him directly, resting her elbow on the couch and raising her hand to play with his hair. "So what's wrong?"

"I don't know, it's just ever since we found that Lusifractor I've had like a weird feeling. I know I was joking around with it today, but, honestly I'm scared. I feel like something bad is gonna happen." He explains, "and right now everything is so great, I'm scared I'll loose it all."

"I've been having the same feeling." She admits. "But, I'm taking comfort in knowing that no matter what happens, we're going to try everything we can to make it okay."

"You think so?" He asks, taking one of her hands and fiddling with her fingers. She smiles at their hands, "I know so. I have you."

He couldn't help but blush a little. "And I have you." He pulls her hand up to kiss it, not taking his eyes off her. He never thought he would feel this way about someone, especially at such a young age. It scared him a little, but it also excited him. "I love you." He says.

"I love you too." She replies, feeling herself blush under his eyes. How did he still manage to have this kind of affect on her?

She moves to kiss him, softly at first, then it became passionate. They did this for awhile until Benny's phone went off. He throws his head back on the couch and sighs, "are you kidding me?"

He grabs it to see it was his grandma, he couldn't ignore her calls. "Hello? Yeah...do I have to right now?...but I'm with Mary...okay, I'm sorry, I'll leave now." He shoves his phone into his jacket. Mary frowns, "you have to go home?"