Gone

Geralt had finally healed, and he was getting annoyed with Jaskier

Geralt had finally healed, and he was getting annoyed with Jaskier. He would rather be with Lillian at the moment. She gave them a lot of stuff for their journey. One of the things was her art book, and he looked at it once in a while. He didn't know why but he liked looking at it. This one must have been a recent book, but it had pictures of him and Jaskier and Roach. There were also pictures of trees and flowers in the book lakes.

He paused as Jaskier was in the lake bathing. Jaskier threw his shirt on and sighed weakly as he lay in the grass next to Geralt.

"Should we go see how Lillian is doing?" Jaskier asked.

"No," he said as he was eating.

"We just left her there! I talked to her just for a little bit, and she seemed nice," he stated.

"Can you think about something other than your cock?" He asked.

"I wasn't thinking about that; what if she didn't get freed? Just because she said she was doesn't mean she did," he stated.

"Not my problem," he responded.

"Geralt, for once, can you just think that she might need us!" Jaskier said as he got up.

"The last thing I want is someone needing me, and I don't need anyone," he pointed out.

"Well, you have me, you may not admit it, but everyone needs someone, even people like you. Lillian warned me you might push me away, technically, she did save your life, so you owe her," he informed, making Geralt stand up.

"I don't owe her anything," he growled.

"I'm just saying we check on her. We don't have to save her. We can check on her," Jaskier said.

"And I said no!" He hissed.

"Why are you so against just checking or helping her? You feel guilty," Jaskier pointed out with a big smile.

"I don't feel guilty for leaving her behind!" He growled.

"Then why are you looking at that book all the time? You didn't have a book before you went on that second monster hunt," Jaskier added.

"Because I can't fucking sleep!" He yelled as he pinned him against a tree.

"Because you feel guilty! Admit it, for fucks sake! I heard her get slapped multiple times Geralt; there was a man that threw her into the door to the room we were staying in. I was surprised she didn't yell for me to help her but didn't because she protected us. That man may have killed her for leaving, burying her in an unmarked grave. She is going to be killed by the very child she helped raise and swore to protect," Jaskier informed.

"She is not my problem," he growled.

"Then why can't you sleep?" He asked as he let him go.

Geralt didn't answer as he angrily put out the fire.