The Final Dance

Geralt stayed up all night, making sure she was still breathing. Just like last time, her heart stopped, and he waited for her heart to never beat again; it did. Geralt didn't know how Jaskier could even stand to be in the room with her, constantly on the edge of losing her; he hated it.

Geralt got some ale and drank some to keep himself awake, but he fell anyway next to her. Yennefer woke up and sighed, realizing her boy toy wasn't next to her. Sure Yen was disappointed, but she guessed that Lillian was important. Yen got up and went to check on both of them. She sighed weakly, seeing Geralt slumped over on Lillian's bed, sleeping while he was still sitting in the chair.

Yen checked on Lillian and saw the symbols that she made appear to save Jaskier were on one of her arms. Lillian's marks kept appearing and disappearing, making her want to see what Lillian was. Lillian woke up, and for a second, the markings disappeared completely. Lillian yawned and woke up and held her head in pain.

"Yennefer? I have so many questions right now," Lillian said as Geralt was still sleeping.

Lillian carefully got up and put the blanket around him.

"As do I, your mark on your arm is fading fast, and it looks like you will be hunted due to your magic powers. It would help if you told us what you are," Yen informed.

"I don't know what I am, and if I did, I would tell you. I have a husband and maybe kids; why would I leave them behind? If I'm a monster, I want to ensure that I am dealt with properly. I have been a little hard on Geralt for that reason. I would hate to think I was a monster, but if I was, then well, I could change, or I will have to be killed," she stated.

"Why do you keep thinking that Geralt is your husband?" Yen asked.

"What?! I don't! I have no idea what my husband even looks like!" Lillian protested.

"Well, apparently, your other side is very fond of him. A little too fond of him if you ask me," Yen said, glaring at Lillian.

"Look, I care about him as a friend, nothing more. You have nothing to worry about. Maybe he and my husband are the same height. I don't know, I want to be with him and I... whatever I did to him, I'm sorry. I would never do anything intentionally harmful to either of you. Maybe the real me knew him from a past life I don't know. All I know is that I want all of this to be over with," Lillian said as Yen left the room.

Lillian looked at her mark and then at all the bandages on her hands. She didn't understand why she couldn't keep her feeling bottled up better. Maybe that was why Lillian kept mistaking him for her husband. Embarrassment filled her, and Lillian hoped her husband could forgive her for this. But what if he didn't want her back? It was possible, and that alone would break her heart, but if he could tell that she liked Geralt, maybe he would let her go. She had to let him go just in case he was gone. It felt odd because it felt like a large piece of her was missing from her now. Maybe she lost someone close to her that she loved dearly like a child to some horrible disease.

Yennefer hated her too, but Lillian knew he would never go for an enslaved person or whatever she was. Yennefer had nothing to worry about, and Geralt seemed happy to sleep with whoever he wanted. Lillian hoped Yennefer would be okay with sleeping with every girl Geralt could get his hands on. She wasn't happy about it, but it was his choice, not hers. Good thing Geralt couldn't have children; otherwise, half the women in the land would be pregnant.

"Hey, you are alive! Are you feeling okay?" Jaskier asked as she sighed.

"Despite not remembering what happened again, sure I'm peachy. Yennefer also wants me dead now, too, so that's a plus," Lillian added.