The Dragon

It was a very unusual day for Lillian, and she hoped it would be better. They were at a pub, and she sat next to Geralt while he was drinking. But she was reading a book, but men kept coming up to her and flirting with her. Geralt was glaring them away, but one, in particular, didn't seem to mind that Geralt was there or even really cared.

He sat down next to her innocently enough, that was until he touched her thigh as they were talking, and before he knew it. She smacked the man in the face with the book she was reading. Geralt looked at them as she proceeded to slap him across the face.

"I'm a married woman; thank you!" She said, making Geralt smile.

Geralt loved that tone of voice she gave them. If they didn't get the hint, he would step in. He loved how mad she would get at them and was waiting for her to throw a man across the room with her powers. Geralt was going to miss her... that man was so lucky to have her, and he wished he had her heart. But she was married, so his feeling wasn't right. He wished they were because he wanted to act on them and do things right for once. But he messed up again; now she was hoping that Yennefer and he would stay together. Geralt wanted her and only her but kept breaking her heart as well as his own.

Geralt sighed a bit as an older man dropped his things as soon as he saw Lillian. Lillian was attractive sure, but I wasn't attracted to her but shocked to see her. The man knew her. FINALLY, a man that knew her. That could be her husband... now he was hurt. He walked over with two black women that were very intimidating to Jaskier, but he was going to flirt with them anyway.

"Hello, my name is Villentretenmerth, and I need your services," the man said as Geralt drank his drink.

"Hi! I'm Lillian, and this is Jaskier; this is Geralt," Lillian said happily as the man smiled at her as a dad would at his daughter when she had there the first boyfriend over.

It was strange that he was looking at her that way, but there had to be a reason.

"Do you know Lillian?" Geralt asked as Lillian looked at Geralt oddly.

"Geralt, we just met this man, and you are already overprotective of me. Stop it and hear the man out for a job," she said as he looked at Lillian.

"I was asking because he dropped everything when he saw you," he said.

"Mistaken identity, now be nice and stop being overprotective of me!" Lillian said as she glared at him.

The man smiled kindly at the three of them and sighed.

"You remind me of an old friend I had. She was ageless and still beautiful as the day I met her. She was married to a furious, protective, scared man that would kill you with a glare but was a very gentle person when it came to her," he said sadly.

"So you loved her, that's very sweet," Lillian smiled.

"Everyone did; she had the kindest heart that anyone ever met. Fearless to, she would even stand up to a witcher or a dragon if it meant keeping the peace," he chuckled.

"What happened to her?" Lillian asked.

"Well, their village was attacked. Everyone was killed, well, all except my friend. I thought my friend was dead when I found her, but no, she wasn't. Her husband was lying next to her, dead, and she couldn't take the grief. Everyone my friend loved was gone, houses burned even the children she cared for in the village weren't spared. My friend died ten days later of a broken heart. She was about your age if I remember correctly when she passed. Or a bit older, thirty, I think. She married that man when she was twenty, and she loved him more than her own life. She couldn't have children, but she loved every creature big or small like her own," he sighed weakly.