Apologies

It had been tough for Geralt to even look at Lillian because he was so ashamed of himself. He knew avoiding it would not solve his problem but saying something about it would cause problems too. Lillian kept her distance from him and somehow made friends with Yennefer even though they hated each other; and Lillian threw her threw a window and nearly choked her to death. But he felt that Yennefer had reasons to try to be friends with her and the grounds were not so pure as Lillians.

"So, what are you going to do with Lillian?" Yennefer asked as she sat next to Geralt.

He didn't answer, so Yennefer started playing with his white hair. He grabbed her wrist tightly and then glared at her angrily.

"Don't you ever make me hurt or touch Lillian in that way ever again! If you do, I will kill you without hesitation," he informed.

"If she let me finish my spell, that wouldn't have happened, so it's her fault, not mine. You did that to her. If anything, she was asking for it," she informed as Geralt picked her up by her throat and pinned her against the wall.

"Geralt?! Stop that right now!" Lillian ordered, hearing the thud.

"She wasn't asking for anything! You hurt her, or if you put a spell on me that hurts her, I will kill you," he growled.

"Geralt, you are going to kill her. Stop it!" Lillian yelled as she went to his side.

Geralt dropped her and headed off angrily outside. Lillian followed him to try to follow, but he was walking away quickly. Geralt seemed angry at her, and she could understand why but she hoped he didn't remember anything from what happened. Memories were a powerful tool you could use to manipulate people, but in Lillian's case, she chose to learn and forget them because they were too hard for her. The whole year Lillian fought for freedom; it took a lot to remain happy. Somedays, Lillian could even fake her joy around them, and they didn't notice it at all.

"Geralt, what has gotten into you?!" Lillian yelled as he quickly turned to make her jump a bit.

Lillian wasn't scared of him, or at least that was what she told herself to make herself feel safe again. They never really fought, so it did surprise her that they did. It had to be more than the multiple people having sex in front of her. Lillian was hoping that he didn't sleep with that witch but knowing him, it would happen sooner or later. Lillian was trying not to care about that, but in a way, it hurt her. Lillian thought maybe she was worth the wait, but now she knew she wasn't.

What kind of guy would like a person that never aged with them or maybe couldn't have children? Having a baren wife was horrible to many people, and she might not be able to have children with her mark. Right now, she didn't care. Lillian wanted to figure out her fault, and Geralt's attitude needed to be fixed quickly before things got out of hand.

"Why didn't you use your magic to get me off you?" He asked as she pretended not to know what he was talking about.

"I have no idea what you are talking about; you didn't do anything to me. I interrupted Yennefers spell, and you passed out on top of me. Other than that, you didn't do anything to me," she lied.

"You are lying to me, Lillian; I can hear your heartbeat. Also, that mark on your neck isn't from us fighting. I know better than that, so why did you not use your powers to get me off you?" Geralt asked as she was still trying to convince him that he didn't do anything; if he weren't a witcher, he would have believed her little act.

"Geralt, you had a dream; you did not touch me. Can we please go inside now?" She asked as she smiled at him.

Geralt grabbed her by her hips and pulled her close to him, and she was shaking. Lillian wouldn't look at him at all, and her heart was speeding out of control, but then she could calm herself down to make her heart beat steady again. He pulled her closer, and she still refused to look at him. They were so close he could almost kiss her again, and her heart was steady.

"This has happened more than once; you trained yourself not to fight back and to let them go as far as I did. That's why you didn't use magic on me," he informed softly. 

"I didn't train myself to do anything; I don't know what you are talking about. You didn't do anything to me, so can we please go inside before Jaskier gets any ideas?" She asked.

"Then why won't you look at me if I didn't do anything to you?" Geralt asked as he tried touching the mark on her neck, but she covered it up quickly.

"I'm shy, Geralt, you know that," Lillian informed.

"You are not as innocent as you say you are. That's how you killed all those men; you pretended you cared for them and let them kiss you. Then you maybe gave them a drink or rubbed it on their skin. But with me, you were afraid of hurting me because of your mark, so you didn't even try to fight me. Lillian, you have to fight back, even if it's me.

Witches and wizards can do things that Yennefer did to get what they wanted. If I go after you or do anything that is not my usual, you fight back like your life depends on it because it might be one day. Some creatures can take the form of who they touch and kill you if you are not careful," he explained.

"I didn't want to kill you; I knew it was a spell. I could smell it," Lillian informed.

"Lillian, you must fight back, even if it's me. I don't ever want to do that to you again," he said as tears slipped down her face, "I know you are scared of hurting me but don't. I almost died a lot. Nothing can kill me easily."

He wiped the tears away from her eyes, and she still didn't look at him. She just wanted to leave now. She was still so close to Geralt and didn't want to be because he could read her so easily. She didn't like it and just wanted to be left alone. No guy would like her sincerely enough to go on a date, let alone marry her. Not now anyway, because Geralt was right; he was always right about her.

"What else did we fight about? Jaskier said we had fought, and I stepped on a snake and even tried to kill myself," she informed.

"I blamed everything on you, and I called you a monster. I should have never done that to you, got angry, and snapped at you. I shouldn't have done that; I had no idea how you could kill all those people in that short time. I am worried that your mark is turning you into a monster, and I don't want to have to kill you if that happens, but if I have to, I will do it. Jaskier thinks you might be trying to go somewhere. Do you have any idea where you were trying to go?" Geralt asked.

"Go somewhere? No, I can't think of anything except Danny. Maybe I spent my whole life there, well, what I can remember actually," she informed.

"You can't be heading there, but we must go there. I know you hate it, but the people that raised you might have written down what that mark was," he said as she sighed.

"Fine, but I will not be surprised if Danny tries to kill you, for that matte,r matter," she sighed.

"I will make sure that doesn't happen," he said as he looked up.

"I knew it!" Jaskier yelled, making her jump a foot in the air.

"You knew what, Jaskier?" Lillian asked as Geralt let go of her.

"I knew that Yennefer's apple juice tasted worse than mine! I make delicious juices,e you know, but no one asks me to make any. What are you two out here for?" Jaskier asked as he took a bite of an apple.

"We are going back to where I saved Geralt. My old home," she informed.

"But he will kill us!" Jaskier yelled.

"At the moment, we don't have a choice, and I'm certainly not going to be enslaved again; I hope none of my marks go away. The more are gone, the stronger I get, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing right now," Lillian said.

"If you both think it's fine, I guess we go, but your mark might make things worse," he informed.

"I know, but it is the only thing we do. There might be a clue there," she said as she sighed.

"Okay, we will take you home then," Jaskier said even though he knew this was one of the worst ideas they ever had.