The Angry Protector

Geralt had been unusually angry this week since he barged into Lillian's room after thinking she was gone. Lillian had tried her best to make him happy but to no prevail. Her hands were resting loosely around his waist, and little did she know she was causing him the problems that were making him irritated even though it wasn't her fault. Geralt should have fucked around some more, but now, since he had lost his chance and little Lillian was with him, he was getting thoughts. He had that stupid dream about kissing her, and since he was a man, he had urges. He was trying to keep his hands to himself, but Lillian wasn't because she was a tremendous person and loved showing people she cared with hugs. If he didn't know better, he would think she was flirting, but she wasn't. Sure she was innocent and had no idea what she was doing to him, but he knew, and he wished God he could make his brain shut off his desires for a day or two. She wasn't interested in adult fun and couldn't tell when a man was flirting with her or not really. 

"I'm telling you all you need is a pie, and you will not be so grumpy anymore," Lillian smiled as he grunted a bit.

"I hate pie," he informed.

"No, you don't. I have seen you eat it!" Lillian protested.

Jaskier was trying hard to warn Lillian that she would get yelled at by him, but it didn't seem to get to her in the slightest.

"Jaskier made me try it, and I hated it; I am not a sweet person," he informed as she rolled her eyes.

"I know you are; all you have to do is try to be," she smiled.

"You can also try to shut up. I can't hear monsters over your talking," he said.

"Monsters, ale, woman, and coin, come on, you know there is much more to life than that. Come on, stop being an old man and smile more!" She chuckled.

Jaskier could tell he was getting increasingly angry with her and trying hard not to hit her. Geralt was growing impatient but not with her but with himself. He was trying to think of anything that included dead bodies so he wouldn't think about where her hands were slowly going with her realizing it.

"Not for a witcher," he stated.

Geralt quickly got off Roach and headed off to the woods.

"I'm getting something to eat," he said.

"Want me to help?" Lillian asked.

"No! Stay with Roach, and if you see any monsters run," he growled.

"I think I made him mad; it's his fault he is so grumpy. He should read a book sometime," she said as Jaskier sighed in relief.

"Lillian, you must stop bothering him; he will hit you if you are not careful!" Jaskier warned.

"He never talks at all and only one-word answers. I have been patient with him all week and only started to bother him in the last ten minutes. Do you think he is mad at me that I threw my hairbrush at him still?" She asked.

"Well, you didn't hit him with it; he caught it," Jaskier informed.

"Well, I don't know how to be around a witcher! I met him a year ago and was barely around him this long when he was awake," she said.

"They are a mystery, but he is the biggest mystery out of the bunch," Jaskier said.

"Geralt has been gone for a bit. Maybe I should go check on him," she said.

"No! Whatever you do, don't do that. Witchers like being alone," Jaskier informed.

"Men, I need alone time to think," she muttered.

Geralt returned with some animals, and he looked like he had run a lot.  She had so many questions for him because he was only gone for fifteen minutes at most. He put the animals down and started to nurture them next to Lillian. Geralt noticed her staring and looked at her.

"Does this make you uncomfortable?" Geralt asked.

"No, but you look like you ran four miles. Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yes," he answered as she wasn't convinced but wasn't going to push it.

He seemed calmer and less angry, so that was all that mattered. Lillian got out her book and pretended to read it, but she secretly watched Geralt. She watched his body language, and whatever he was bothering him seemed to be gone. Maybe he hit a tree until he felt better. If he talked to her, he wouldn't get so mad and hit things. Geralt heard some horses coming his way, which was never a good sign. He brought his sword, making Lillian look at him oddly.

"You need to relax, stop worrying so much. No wonder your hair turned white," Lillian said as Jaskier tried hard not to laugh.

Geralt stood up and paused as the men rode up to them, making Lillian get up. It looked like a king and his men, and the king got off his horse as he saw Lillian.

"I have never seen such a beautiful creature in my life," he said as she looked at Jaskier.

"I don't think that guy is right in his head. I'm sure he knows Geralt is not a woman, right?" She whispered as Geralt pointed his sword at him.

"Touch her, and I will kill you," he informed.

"He was referring to you, Lillian," Jaskier said.

"Are you sure? He seemed like a type of man that was into men; not judging at all, I met several gay men. One of them dressed as a lady several times, the nicest man I ever met, and one of the few I wouldn't mind being around," she said as Jaskier was speechless.

"You are just so incredibly strange; I can't even tell you how strange you are," he informed.

"I apologize for staring; I'm king Henry of this land. We were returning from a trip. Do you need a place to stay for the night witcher? There is a job I can give you while you stay; there is a monster eating my slaves and my nights. If you slay it, I will pay you two thousand coins," he said as Lillian got in front of Geralt's sword.

"Geralt, you said you needed to stock up on more supplies because we left early, remember? Put the sword down, please and let the nice man help us out," she said.

"I don't trust him," he muttered because he looked at Lillian.

He was eyeing her, and he knew if he left her alone, he would do something to her. But Lillian could protect herself against a king and his men. It angered him, and he wanted to cut his throat right then and there. She wasn't meat. She was a woman and very kind.

"Come on, Geralt, he seems nice; you don't have to like him or trust him. All you have to do is do the job while we stock up on supplies and maybe take a bath because all three of us smell disgusting, especially you. You still have dried blood in your hair from that rabbit you killed," she said.

Geralt saw the king was looking at her, and he didn't like it, and Lillian being as innocent as she was still, even after all the hell she had been through, was not seeing what he saw. Luckily, he was not going to leave her side at all, so he wouldn't be able to hurt her, she was to trust, and he would need to teach her that trusting people wasn't always the best.

"Geralt come on, stop being so grumpy already and relax just for a bit," she said as she pushed the blade away with her finger.

This was a mistake, and he knew it was, but he didn't have a choice. There were several armed men, and Jaskier and Lillian could get hurt if he fought back. Plus, Lillian would protect the king because she didn't understand or see what he saw. He was a man and knew what men thought about often, and sex was one of them, but Geralt would never touch her that way, but that didn't mean others wouldn't.

"Fine, but I warned you," he said.

"Yes, you did; you know I will be careful. I'm not just going to go with a random stranger, you know," she smiled.

She went to pick up her things, and Geralt walked to the king and glared at him.

"You touch her in any way; I will gut you like a fish; she is not to be touched by any of your men or you. Do you understand?" He asked as the king nodded with terror written across his face.

"Good because I will hunt you down to every corner of the continent until I find you and kill you," he growled.