No joy

King Henry was flirting with Lillian the whole way to his castle, and, on more than one occasion did, Geralt almost get off Roach and hit that king as hard as he could, maybe breaking some ribs. But it didn't bother Lillian at all, and she seemed very unaware that he was flirting with her. Jaskier was sick of it and knew Geralt was dangerously close to losing his mind and breaking the man's neck. Henry was making her laugh and talk to him, and honestly, Geralt liked it better when she spoke to him. Her innocent nature was going to get them killed one day. She was just so friendly and trusting. He knew why and didn't hold it against her in the slightest, but he was starting to think the reason why she put her guard down was because of him. One day he wasn't going to be able to save her, and then what? She could survive, sure, but for how long?

"Geralt, you are quiet; you know being quiet is never a good sign," Lillian smiled.

"For me, it's a good sign, no monsters I can tell so far," Geralt said.

"Well then, who killed his people?" Lillian asked.

"It probably comes out at night," Geralt answered.

"Well, I don't think there is a monster here, I know it sounds strange, but I feel there is no monster here. It could have moved on," Lillian informed.

"As I said, it may come out at night," Geralt said.

"You are grumpy again, Geralt," she said as she stuck her hands under his armor.

"I'm not ticklish, Lillian; stop acting like a child," he said.

"You are just not happy, and I'm trying to get you to smile just once," she informed.

"How can you be happy when you have a curse and for a year you had to fight for your life?" He asked.

"I think about how lucky I am to have you and Jaskier and my freedom. I know it came at a cost, but if I focused on that, then I would still be a slave in a way. Geralt, I think my hands are stuck," she chuckled as he sighed a bit.

At least they weren't stuck in his pants; of course, he would think like that, now of all times. Lillian tried to free her hands gently, her hands were sliding down his back, and now he wished she was clawing his back. She finally got free, and he already missed how she touched him. Her hands rested loosely around his waist, making him very aware of the situation she put him in.

He was going to say something until they reached the castle. He got off Roach and helped Lillian down even though she didn't need it. Geralt just wanted to stair King Henry down, letting him know he knew precisely what he was doing, and he wasn't going to stand for it.

"Geralt, you are angry again," she said as he put her in front of her to protect her from the king's inability to keep his eyes off of her chest or anywhere else even.

"It's for a good reason," Geralt said.

"If you want, I can hug you to make you feel better," she said.

"Wait, I want a hug," Jaskier said.

"Not right now. We are working," Geralt informed.

"Fine, Mr. Grumpy pants," she said as Geralt sighed.

Suddenly, her attitude turned into a child's almost, and he wondered if it was because of her mark. Geralt didn't like it, but he wanted to know the cause of it.

"Oh my gosh! Geralt, there is cake; I love cake!" She said as he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him.

"Might be poisoned," he said.

"No one in their right mind would poison cake," she said.

"Don't touch it," Geralt said as he looked at her death.