Chapter 8: A Damsel in Distress

As Arthur arrived at the source of the voice, his worry became true.

A group of three girls in cheerleader uniforms surrounds a person. As their height was slightly above average, they easily towered over the other person who was slightly below them.

And yes, as for why Arthur worried, this damsel in distress was no other than his superior, the president of the student council. Despite being cornered by the girls that were taller than her, she didn't look scared at all. Rather, her eyes glinted dangerously as she tapped her shoes impatiently, clearly more than displeased by the situation he was in.

"Can you repeat what you just said?" She said, with a tone that indicated that he was trying to press her anger.

"I told you already." The leader of the group flipped her blonde hair haughty. "Stop hanging around with Henry. We've tolerated it for a long time, but we can't do it anymore."

"Oh? And why can't I?" She asked while making a forceful smile. "It doesn't look like it was your business though?"

"Don't play dumb. We know that you use your position as a student council president to force him to quit his football team and make him your lackey. Do you think nobody would notice your dirty trick to make him close to you?"

Arthur became dumbfounded. This was the first time he heard something like this.

For a note, Henry was the name of the vice-president. So far, he didn't see that the two of them were that close. Although he liked to talk to her casually, he did that with anyone else, and their exchange was more for council work than private. Rather, it was more of the president criticizing him a lot.

He wondered if this group of cheerleaders had just smoked too much weed before. That was how absurd Arthur thought her claim was.

"Force him? Me? Did I hear it wrong?" She laughed. "Are you being serious right now?"

"What? You become agitated because we're right, right?"

"I am more surprised by how your brains can imagine such a scenario. How much did you smoke this morning I wonder?"

It seems that the president's line of thought was not far away from Arthur.

"Don't try to change the subject here!" One of the side girls became irritated. "As we said, don't come near Henry again! He is handsome, cool, kind, friendly, sporty, and, *ahem*, has impressive muscles. The thing is, he is perfect, not like you. You are not worthy of him. He is not a match for someone like you."

"Ah, enough. I feel my IQ dropped just by listening to retarded like you." She pinched between her eyes like she was fatigued. "If that's all you want to say, can I leave now? I'm too busy to listen to your bullshit. I'm a busy person, you see."

"Sure. Just act like you don't care as long as you want. Let's see how you can maintain that attitude." The leader of the group said while smiling mockingly. "Just wait until he finds out what kind of person you are in middle school. Even if you try to hide it, no one would ever forget your dark history."

"What kind of bullshit did you speak out, b*tch!?" Couldn't take it anymore, the president finally exploded.

"You are the b*tch here! Yes, you, a pretentious b*tch!" She pointed at her while screaming hysterically. "Playing a model student in front of everyone, while your inside is all rotten. What is that if it not b*tch?"

"What did you just call me?"

"Well, technically she's not wrong tho..."

"Oh my f*cking god, I swear that I have never been enraged like this! This f*therf*cking daughter of b*stard-"