Chapter 12: A Farm (unedited)

To spare my mental health, I decided to tone down the (making up) accent and make him communicate more normally.

***

After the unexpected encounter, they continued their journey.

"Ya know? This baby of mine has a lot of history scribe on it. Ya see that dent on the left side? It was formed when some drunkhead bloke decided that it was a brilliant idea to piss on the tire. I then kicked him hard enough that he slammed into the car. Well, thanks to that incident we got to know each other and became good cobber. That dent became the reminder of our first meeting."

"What a weird way to make a friend." The president commented.

"You probably should pay people to fix the car." Kazu said in worry.

Arthur looked at the feline beside him. "It's not you right, Michelle?"

"Hey, do I look like someone who would piss on someone's tire?" Michelle asked with a frown, somewhat hurt.

The wolfdog pondered for a while. "Nope. I don't think so."

"Well, this 'n that happened 'n somehow we became brothers 'n ended up livin' together. He shared his condo in Canberra while I shared me baby with him. Fair dinkum a fair trade."

"I don't see how that is fair, and he just accepts it as it is?" The president tilted her head in wonder. "How did you end up here when you lived in Canberra before?"

"Well, I was 12 that time I was runnin' from home. Can't live in a bloody place with a drug addict who beat me up every day, so I stole his car 'n money 'n drove to the capital. Lucky enough I got a place to stay thanks to him."

"Wait, you drove a car into the capital when you were 12 without getting caught?" Kazuki exclaimed in surprise. "Wow, the traffic cops in there must be a lazy bun."

"That is what you're concerned about?" The president shook her head in disbelief. "This all sounds so wrong that I don't even know where to begin."

"Anyway, I started livin' with him from then on. He was kind enough to pay for the tucker 'n tuition." (TM)

"He sounds more like a sugar daddy than a brother. How old is he anyway?" (Arthur)

"Old enough to f*ck you mom. *laugh*" (TM)

"..." (Arthur)

"Wasn't he basically being adopted then?" (Kazuki)

"I'm surprised how high his luck is that he managed to find someone as kind as that person." (President)

"No kiddin'. I thought he was some beggar at first, but it turns out he is such a dardy cobber." (TM)

"I can't see how someone who pisses on someone's tire can be cool." (Arthur)

"Are all Australians weird people?" (President)

"If you think Australians are weird then you never went to Florida." (Michelle)

They kept talking with the country music in the background as the minivan moved to the easter part of the town. As they moved through the street covered in autumn leaves, houses and buildings started to become less, replaced with dry cornfields.

"How do you end up in America again?" (Arthur)

"Ah, yeah. I was livin' comfortably for years with my new papa. ("Isn't he the brother before?" Kazuki whispered.) The fahkin' thin' was, my real papa, the drug addict motherf*ckah ("This is so messed up." Arthur shook his head.) seems to have caught wind about me location. Lucky that I just finished middle school, he bought a ticket ship for me 'n send me to his relative here." (TM)