Chapter 13: A Sacrifice For the Almighty Corn (unedited)

Hi. Long time no see. Since I found that there is that one guy who asked about this book update, I decided to put some effort, and here you go.

Btw, this is kinda like a filler chapter, so you probably shouldn't take this chapter seriously.

***

"This cornfield sure is wide." Arthur commented as he looked across the field.

The cornfield was spread out so far that he couldn't see the end from where he stood. The fact that the plants were much taller than him didn't help much either.

"Well of course. Not all of the field you see is owned by our farm. The field further to the west is owned by Mr. Corner and his wife farm, while the field further to the south side is owned by Mr. Harrison farm."

"Join-farm, I see."

They walked beside the cornfield as they looked at the dried stalks. The cold wind blows, making the plant swayed.

TM sneezed while rubbing his arms. "Mate, fall realy is not a joke, ain't it? Feels like proper winter already."

"Who told you to only wear a baggy t-shirt? Next time wear something warm like a sweater."

"Ay ya only wear a soccer shirt yet ya not seem cold. What is ya secret anyway mate?"

"Winter coat? I don't know. I just don't feel cold that easily."

Arthur wanted to add that probably the fat under his skin is the reason, but he thought it would be rude.

"Besides corn, do you plant other crops here? Like wheat and stuff?"

"Well of couse. We can't just plant corn every year as it sucks up a lot of nutrients from the soil. We rotated with legumes such as soys and peanuts in other years, this way we didn't deplete the minerals that were needed to grow some of the other stuff."

"Excuse me ma'am. Did ya plant some pumpkins here?" The persian cat suddenly bumped in. "It's Halloween soon. Surely ya have some pumpkin here ready."

"TM!" Arthur looked at him with a frown. Why did this guy always do what he wants?

"Oh, we do plant some pumpkins in the backyard, dear. We usually plant once every year and harvest it next month because the demand in October is the highest one."

"Sick!" He snapped his finger with a grin. "Ya hear, mates? If ya need a pumpkin for Halloween decoration then we shall buy it here. Fresh from the farm and an extra discount. We should call others in school too, mate."

Everyone looked at him in wonder. Why did he start promoting someone's crops all of sudden?

"My-my~~ I will love it if you do." Mrs. Susan answered with a chuckle. "Though I'm not sure about the discount, feel free if you want to buy our product directly. I'm sure my husband will be more than happy."

"She'll be apples. No Worries, ma'am. Anyway," He got closer to the older capra adn whispered. "That tractor over there. It seems to be idle for a while now. Do you mind if I- No, we check it for a moment please? Just for a little ride. For absolute scientific purposes of course. Definitely been needed for our wor-"

"Can you just shut up for a little bit!?" A smack suddenly landed on the feline head as the president berated him.

On the side of the field, there was a blue tractor parked. It looked quite new as its surface still looked shiny with not much dirt visible. The only indicator that it was already used was that the big wheel was full of dirt.

"What a funny young man you are. I wish my youngest son were like you. *sigh* I wonder where he is now?"

As the mother goat pondered, a young adult mouse wearing a straw hat appeared from the field, cutting down the stalks. He looked at them for a moment before jogging toward them.