Chapter 20: Height Difference (unedited)

"So pretty!"

"Huh?"

"Hey you! How can you be so pretty?"

"Who are you, breaching private property like this? Are you a lost child?"

"I am just adventuring, and you didn't answer my question. How can you be so pretty?"

"You said that word three times, and I'm not happy about it. Stop calling me pretty."

"But you 'are' pretty. Hey, become my little sister!"

"What are you talking about? Why little sister?"

"I always want a pretty little sister. You are shorter than me, so you should be younger than me."

"What kind of logic is that? And that is not my point. I'm not a girl, so I can't be a sister."

"No way! But you look so pretty!"

"For god sake, stop calling me pretty, dude! Talk like that ten years later and you will be called a creepy old man."

"But I am a girl."

"...You are?"

"Hmfp, how rude. How can't you notice something so obviously?"

"You're the one who started it..."

"Forget it! Let's play instead!'

"Hey, don't pull me!"

***

After being dragged for no reason and left with other boys, Michelle just went away aimlessly. It was kinda amusing seeing his two friends very active, but he was perplexed to find one of them suddenly bumped into him.

"Jay? What happened to you? Where's Arthur? Didn't you go with him?"

Facing his question, she shook her head while looking down. Sensing something wrong, he became worried. He could tell that she is mentally unstable right now.

"Hey, what's wrong? Can you talk to me?"

"...Mike,"

Raising her head slowly, a drop of tears fell from her hazel eyes.

"I, I don't know what to do anymore..." Didn't hold back her cries anymore, she held her arms tightly. "I feel that everything that I have worked on until now has become pointless. No matter how hard I try to change, I keep being criticized in the end."

"So you are the brat who approacing our son?"

"H-Huh? I-"

"Mom! Dad! Quit it!"

"You shup up! Who taught you to talk back to your parents like that?"

"It must be because of you that he has become more rebellious lately. You are such a bad influencer. Don't ever again appear near him ever again!"

"I bragged that I will become like your elder sister, yet I can't do anything when they take you away. I failed to keep our relationship intact which made us grow apart from each other. I hate myself for not saying anything back then."

"Jeremy! What did you say to my boyfriend yesterday?"

"L-Liz, calm down. Let me explain first."

"What needs to be explained!? Because of you, our relationship now is ruined!"

"But it's better that you do not associate with him. He is very toxic. Open your eyes, Liz. It's very clear that he is taking advantage of you."