Chapter 11: A Hero

"Didn't you listen to what we discussed last week?" The President tapped her finger impatiently on the table, clearly displeased.

"Nah, sorry mate. I've been too flat out this week lookin' for a girl to bang." TM answered nonchalantly. "So, what is it about again?"

She gritted her teeth. "You-"

"We are going to visit Mr. Hawkins' farm to conduct research for our group project." Michelle decided to butt in before things became a mess. "You know, that one biology assignment that we need to do in a group."

"Ah, that one. Of course, I remember." He clapped. "Geeze, ya should tell me directly, Miss Prez. Why need to ask in a roundabout way?"

The female slumped on her chair while covering her face.

"Calm down, myself. Don't waste your energy on this dipstick. It's no use to reason with this kind of person. Don't get angry or you'll become old too quickly." She mumbled to herself.

Arthur who heard her clearly tried to make his body as small as he could as he waited for her to calm herself.

After a moment, the president took down her hand and sighed. Straightening her body, she decided to move back to the main point. "Right. We are going to visit Mr. Hawkins's farm to gather the data for our biology project. Arthur and I have already written down what we need to do there. Now we just need to share the duty."

Noticing her gaze, Arthur took out a stack of paper and notes from his bag that he already prepared. Inside, there was written the framework of the report they will be making. He voluntarily made it himself as he feels confident about this kind of work. Now, they just need to insert the data that they will collect from the field.

"Excuse me, miss prez. I have a question here." The Persian cat raised his hand. "What is our project about?"

"It's better if you check it yourself." Trying to limit her contact with him, she pushed the report to him. She seems to avoid him like he was a kind of plague.

"Let's see..." He took the report and read the front page for a brief moment. "'The Live of Domestic Animals in the Farm', ay? What with this fahkin' plain title, mate?"

"Well, this is a school assignment. What did you expect?"

"Meh, this sounds bloody borin'." Skimmed the report, he became uninterested before throwing it on the table. "It didn't have flavour in it. It's even plainer than the dry bread that I had for brekky."

"So what do you want instead?" She asked impatiently.

"Can I at least add a suggestion instead?"

"You should have done it a week ago before we decided everything."

"Nah-nah-nah mate, ya have to hear me out first. Bloody oath we'd get more points if we all follow my suggestion. Wait, let me write it out."

He took a piece of paper from the table and looked at Arthur. "Pen?"

"Ah, yes. Here."

Receiving the pen, he spun it for a moment as he thought of something. He then started to write.

Looking at how serious he was writing, everyone felt curious. Sitting beside him, Michelle peeked at his note, which was followed by sudden laughter.

"Done. Here ya go, miss prez." He put the pen down as he pushed the note to the president.

She glanced at him suspiciously before reading the note. Suddenly, her face crumpled as he slammed the note onto the table. "Rejected!"

"Aw, but I put my effort into it."

"Effort my ass!"

Wondering about the other's reaction, Arthur took the note and read it.