Chapter 4: Robot of Sherwood

Kathy was left to explain to Ashildr that she is a Human-Mire hybrid and is practically immortal as the repair kit will keep fixing her and so she'll be functionally immortal barring accidents. Like with her son, Kathy keeps in contact with Ashildr over the next few centuries. She cannot remember everything that happens so Kathy often tells her the stories of what they have done together, for example, when she became a medieval queen and Kathy had to help her fake her death and then get out of the coffin and out of the window. Though Kathy told her that perhaps she should write her life down so that she can look back and what she has done.

Kathy introduced Carlyle to Ashildr after the medieval queen incident and it is not long before she sees a spark between them. They have been together ever since if you don't count their off years when they argue and do not talk.

In their spare time, Carlyle, Ashildr and Kathy went with a different group of Vikings and they reached the new world, what will one day become the United States of America. She was quite excited to explore further than Europe as she hadn't been able to go beyond the continent in her last life. It was a mostly uneventful trip except at one point when they angered a leader of a local tribe. Long story short, Kathy ended on the other end of one of their weapons causing her to have to use that regeneration energy to heal herself. She couldn't help but wonder if there was a limit to this or it was different considering her added Human and Apalapucia genes.

Kathy didn't know much about the Doctor's travels through earth history before his ninth incarnation so she's often worried she might accidentally bump into him but thankfully that hasn't happened so far.

In the 12th century, Kathy decided to journey to Nottingham, England, particularly Sherwood Forest to meet another legend. She knows that in the Doctor Who world Robin Hood exists and that she'll meet the Doctor at the right point in his timeline. When she met them, they seemed a little judgey but she proved her worth with the arrow as she's had centuries of practice though she didn't tell them this. Kathy told them her name is Daveigh. She had arrived a few years before the Doctor and Clara turn up. It is stressful as she knows she can't stay too long as they'll get suspicious that she's not ageing. She found it fascinating to meet them and see more of them outside of the show.

——

Kathy had witnessed Marian taken away from her village, away from Master Quayle, who is murdered, by the Sheriff and his men when out scouting and I hurry back to camp to report to Robin what she has seen. The scene reminded her of the Doctor Who episode so she knows that it likely has begun or will soon.

When she gets to camp, the raised voices alert her to the fact that something is happening, that and the familiar faint snap of the mental link.

"Let me introduce you to my men." Kathy hears Robin say. She peeks her head over the edge where the land dips down to the hideout to see Clara, in 12th Century clothing, and Twelve there along with the gang. Kathy smiles at the sight; it had been a few centuries since she had last seen them. "This is Will Scarlet. He is a cheeky rogue with a good sword arm and a slippery tongue."

Will bows. "My lady." They laugh though the Doctor then plucks at Will's hair and scans it with his sonic. "Argh!" Will exclaims. Kathy remembers the Doctor being a sceptic for most of the episode. "What do you want with my hair?"

"Well, it's realistic, I'll give you that." The Doctor says.

"And this is Friar Tuck." Robin continues. "Aptly named for the amount of grub he tucks into."

"You skinny blackguard." Tuck thumps Robin on the arm laughing but he stumbles as the Doctor grabs one of his sandals. "What are you doing?"

"This isn't a real sandal." The Doctor tells him.