Chapter 6: The Pandorica Opens

It takes another century for Carlyle and Ashildr to get around to it and decide to get married, officially making the latter Kathy's daughter.

It is within the first half of the 14th century when the Black Death arrives in Europe while they are living in France. Carlyle and Ashildr have three children: Essie, Jean and Rue (their names reflecting the country of their birth). They were unexpected Ashildr had believed she had not wanted children but then she realised how much she loved her daughter. Kathy hoped that as Ashildr's children are not fully human this time round, maybe they would survive but this is lost as while Kathy and Carlyle don't get sick at all and Ashildr does but survives, Kathy's grandchildren do not.

When they fell ill, Kathy soon realised that they did not have all the same genetics that she and Carlyle did when they don't heal the way her and Carlyle do. Even though they have the second Mire medical kit, they ultimately decide not to use it on either of them.

Kathy then Carlyle both individually had a human parent making them partly human, Carlyle more so, as well as Ashildr's human genetics, the children were too human and not enough Time Lord or Apalapucia. Ashildr tells Kathy that she will keep this in her diary detailing the loss to remind her to never have any more offspring.

——

It is not long after that Kathy meets someone new.

"Hi, honey." Kathy spins around in her home where she is currently living in Italy. River Song stands there in a stretchy black outfit and clutches a rolled up piece of paper. Is this the Pandorica/big bang?

"Uuhh hi? River?" Kathy says cautiously. She hasn't met the woman before so she doesn't know how to react.

River smirks softly. "I see your confused. I'm right in thinking this is the first time you're meeting me."

"Yes." Kathy replies slightly relieved they are getting on with it.

"So you already know a lot about who I am already." River says.

"Yeah but probably not everything. I don't know anything about the relationship between us." Kathy wonders how much her presence has changed things but from what River is implying, what she saw in the show holds true and Amy and Rory are still her parents.

"You're right. But I can't tell you anything you don't know." Kathy feels annoyed by her answer but understands.

"Spoilers?"

"Yes."

"How did you know to come to this point in my timeline?" Kathy asks her.

"You told me I do." River tells her smirking.

Kathy rolls her eyes. "Of course I did. Another thing to add to the list."

Carlyle walks in. "Mom, who's this?" He asks noticing River.

"River song." Kathy tells him. "I think I mentioned that she might turn up." She had told him all about her foreknowledge.

"Oh right." He walks up to River holding out his hand. "Carlyle Arantxasson."

River shakes it. "I know."

Kathy snorts. Of course she does. "You should go back to Ashildr, she still needs you."

Carlyle nods. "Right yes. I'm assuming you're leaving for a bit."

"Seems so if River explains."

"Right. Goodbye mom, nice meeting you River." Carlyle turns to leave.

"Nice seeing you again." River winks.

He goes and Kathy turns to her. "How did you get here? Are you in prison currently?"