Chapter 9: The Day of the Doctor Part One

A/N: While this chapter is predominantly The Day of the Doctor episode, it will be covering part of The Power of Three 7x04 at the beginning.

——

Kathy keeps busy over the next century.

From messing about in the War of the roses to the renaissance era in Florence and meeting the Medici family in the late 15th to early 16th centuries as well as travelling to meet the Aztecs, who end up trying to sacrifice her when she mentions her on her life span. Thankfully she was able to get herself out of that situation.

——

Kathy follows the chaos of Amy, Rory and the Eleventh Doctor as they flee the Chapel Royal at Hampton Court and into the Duke of Suffolk's bedroom.

Take a guess at what happened.

Kathy had been spending the last 11 years living in the Tudor court in England from 1526 because how could she not? Plus, that date was the beginning of King Henry and Anne Boleyn's explosive relationship. She had been obsessed with the Tudor dynasty for years so of course, now she has the chance, she's going to try and meet them.

She had arrived at the English court at Hampton Palace, which was where they were currently stationed at the time, and introduced herself as a wealthy but widowed English woman known as Lady Joan Davazat from Venice, Italy and needing shelter and support from King Henry VIII and his then wife Catherine of Aragon. Kathy was given a position among the Queen's ladies and that is when she met Anne Boleyn. Now Kathy didn't exactly plan this but she may have gotten a bit closer to Anne than she meant to. She really didn't intend to be involved in an affair but things happen.

The King's next wedding, to Jane Seymour, was going well until someone, as the vows were being spoken, says "yes". It doesn't take Kathy long to realise that it was Amy and watches the three flee the room with Kathy barging through the crowd to chase after them.

Kathy gets distracted when she spots what appears to be a phone charger lying on the floor and picks it up before continuing on her quest. She sees the King ahead of her. She gets into the room as the King does. She knows that the three time travellers are under the bed. Suddenly there is a sneeze from that direction, the Doctor, and a whispered "Sorry", causing the King to pause.

"Your Majesty!" Kathy cries barging into the room. "There you are!"

"Yes Lady Joan?" The King asks irritably.

"The uh... the Queen is asking for you. I-I'm sure you can leave this mess for someone else to sort."

The King lets an irritated huff. "I suppose you are right." He leaves the room and Kathy turns to the bed.

She then dips down to face the three under the bed. "I think you dropped this." She holds up the phone charger that one of them, Rory most likely, had dropped while running.

"Kathy!" The Doctor cries happily.

Kathy rolls her eyes. "Come on we need to get you guys out."

Rory reaches out to take the phone charge from her hand. "Um... thanks that was mine."

"You should know better than to leave things like this around, you know." Kathy admonishes. "Why are you carrying it around in the 16th century anyway?" Kathy grabs a candle and guides them down the corridors that are out of view of the public.

"I thought I might need it." Rory defends.

His wife lets out a huff. "Yeah right."

"When was the last time you saw us?" The Doctor asks.