Chapter 20: Legend of the Sea Devils

A/N: I Loved Jodie's last episode, sad to see her go and frustrated we have to wait so long for the next episode of Doctor Who. I spent the whole time thinking about how Kathy would fit into the episode and how it would be in her timeline. Suppose I should dedicate this chapter to the Thirteenth Doctor though I had largely written it before her departure.

I advise anyone that hates the outcome of her regeneration to hold off from making opinions until we see what RTD is up to. Honestly, Doctor Who on Twitter is a nightmare.

Edit: I've had a lovely review condemning my whole story because they didn't like my writing about this Doctor. I hope people don't do that and give these chapters a chance.

——

King Charles II of England, Scotland and Ireland and his guards charge through the building. The restored Monarch pushes a servant to the side.

"Out of my way!" He cries. He reaches another set of doors leading to the rooms of Painter Matilda and the woman he currently has his eyes on. He pulls on them only to find them locked and he begins banging on them. "Doctor!"

Inside the room, Eleven's clothing is cast over a stool.

"Doctor!"

We pan over to see paints and a palette. 

"Doctor!"

A large unfinished painting comes into view showing a naked Eleventh Doctor as Neptune about to be crowned by a cherub. He sits in the clouds and holds a trident in his right hand and his left is on his hip. A red swath of cloth is all that protects his modesty.

"Doctor!" The irate king bursts in, sword drawn, and confronts the lady artist, Matilda, though it is revealed to be Katherine - otherwise known as Kathy - Davis. She stares at him in alarm.

"Your Majesty!" Kathy squeaks out.

Charles usually would have taken time to appreciate Miss Matilda's appearance but he has more important things in his mind. "Where's the Doctor?"

Kathy chuckles nervously. "Doctor who?"

There is a muffled sneeze and the king sees Miss Matilda tense and knows he's caught them. He uses the tip of his sword to lift the hem of her dress. A naked Doctor peers out and smiles cheerfully.

"You know, this isn't nearly as bad as it looks." The Doctor had hoped to get Kathy to help him paint the picture as a present but they had been interrupted. 

"For once he's right." Kathy, or "Matilda", remarks.

The Doctor looks more closely at the king before pulling a displeased look. He glances up at Kathy, who looks at him unamused but he can see some humour there and expresses his displeasure. "This is the man who keeps on trying to get you to be his mistress? I get why you keep turning him down."

The monarch stares at him in outrage. "How dare you?!" Not only does this man disrespect him like this but also for fornicating with a woman that is clearly his though little does he know that the Doctor and Kathy would never ever "fornicate" nor is or will the latter ever be his. 

According to history books, at the personal intervention of the King, the unnamed Doctor was incarcerated without trial in the Tower of London. According to contemporary accounts, two nights later, a magical sphere some twenty feet across, was seen floating away from the tower, bearing the mysterious Doctor aloft. A lone figure had waved him off before disappearing into the night.

——

Kathy makes the point to be around Carlyle and Ashildr more, though there are times when the Doctor appears and it's the wrong point in the timeline.