Chapter 7: The Big Bang

Kathy knows that 1,894 years are supposed to pass and that her and River are in a time loop. Thank goodness that it actually doesn't feel like that long though Kathy can feel the time loop and is sort of aware of it happening but can't really recall how many times or what she was doing.

Due to the TARDIS exploding, everything in the sky would've gone. Rory had likely killed/harmed Amy unintentionally so she would have been placed in the Pandorica where the Doctor had been so that little her 1,894 years in the future could revive her, which coincidentally revives a Dalek.

Kathy connects the wires as the TARDIS continues to spark and explode. River opens the doors to the TARDIS only to be met by a stone wall.

"I'm sorry, my love." River looks back over her shoulder, to Kathy, who stands in the steps, as the console explodes with a bright light.

The sequence starts over again and Kathy finds herself going through the motion of connecting the wires feeling like she had been doing this before. The knowledge that they must be going through the time loop that happened at the beginning of the episode kept her sane. But this time as River runs to the door, the Doctor appears.

"Hi, honey. I'm home." He casually says leaning against the door with a fez on his head.

River looks at her watch. "And what sort of time do you call this?"

"Tell me about it!" Kathy yells from behind them.

——

The Doctor uses River's time vortex manipulator and they appear on the roof of the museum to find Amy and Rory in front of them.

"Amy! And the plastic Centurion?" River greets. Kathy commends her acting talent for acting like she's never met her father before.

"It's OK, he's on our side." The Doctor reassures. "Kathy could tell you that."

"Yep."

"Really? I dated a Nestene duplicate once... swappable head, it did keep things fresh." River says.

Kathy lets out a snort. "Seriously?"

"What? So did you!" Kathy gapes at her. Jesus, what will she get up to?

"Spoilers!"

Rory waves awkwardly. "Hi Kathy."

Kathy waves back. "Hi Rory, never met you before but hi."

Rory frowns. "You haven't?"

"Nope!"

River claps her hands together. "Right then, I have questions. But number one is this... What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?"

"It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool." The Doctor remarks as if it's obvious, which it is.

Kathy grins. "Very cool."

With a look from River, Amy grabs the fez from the Doctor's head and throws it into the sky and River shoots it before Kathy can stop her.

"Oh!" The Doctor cries.

"Seriously?!" Kathy exclaims at the same time.