Chapter 8: The Death of the Doctor

A/N: This is a two parter one from the Sarah Jane adventures. I'm planning on doing another two parter from the show as well.

——

When Kathy returns, she puts all her energy into doing lots of things with Carlyle and Ashildr to help them after their loss. One of the brilliant ideas Kathy had was to take part in the 100 year war between England and France, which had begun in 1337 and will continue till 1453. To keep it entertaining they would swap sides and sometimes be on opposite sides. It probably doesn't sound that fun but when you are immortal, this is how you make fun for yourself.

It is after the end of the 100 year war, Kathy receives a visit from the Eleventh Doctor saying he had been failing at finding a good place for Amy and Rory to have their honeymoon and decided to come to ask her to see if she knows where they go. Kathy remembers he had once mentioned something about them being on a planet that itself is on a honeymoon as it married an asteroid.

Things go bad after dropping off Amy and Rory as the Doctor declared that they should go somewhere without telling Kathy where. He really should've told her as it end up that a rouge group of Shansheeth from the Sarah Jane Adventures had lured them to the Wasteland of the Crimson Heart, where they proceeded to steal the TARDIS, which leaves them stranded.

Kathy tells the Doctor that they need Clyde and then Jo and Sarah Jane to stop them and get the TARDIS back.

Thankfully the planet has lots of wreckage to build a space swapping doo-dah thingummy wotsit (as the Doctor calls it).

——

Eventually, the Doctor gets through. Well, Kathy assumes so as she can't hear the other side of the conversation but the Doctor can as he's begun the biological swap. "Of course I'm still alive, Jo. I thought that was obvious. Catch up." The Doctor says.

He continues after a pause. "Course it's not. It's me. I'm using Clyde as a receiver. I've keyed into his residual artron energy so I can organise a very complicated biological swap across ten thousand light years. Hold on."

The Doctor gives Clyde a big dose of artron energy, and it likely hurts. It doesn't work straight away.

"Ah! I've lost it." The Doctor grumbles.

"Doctor your hand!" Kathy says. One of the Doctor's hands is darker, just like how Clyde's was or is lighter.

The Doctor strengthens Clyde's artron energy and slowly begins to take over Clyde, which is interesting to watch from the other side.

Clyde then appears in front of her.

"Doctor? Doctor!" He yells.

"Hi Clyde!" Kathy greets. He spins around to look at her and blinks in surprise. She wonders if he's met her yet.

"Kathy!" Well, that answers that question. "Where am I?"

"Great question! Uh different planet. The Wasteland of the Crimson Heart to be more specific. Planet Earth is that way." She points over her shoulder. The machine starts beeping again and she turns back to it. "Ah no! God I need a sonic! Don't have the Doctor's either since they nicked it."

"What's going on?" Clyde asks her.

"Long story short. Shansheeth nicked the TARDIS after luring the Doctor and I here so he's been using your residual artron energy so he can do a biological swap across ten thousand light years." She explains before fiddling with some wires. Hopefully that fixes a few things.

"Right..." That explanation didn't seem to help much on Clyde's end.

"So how's school?" Kathy cheerfully asks. Clyde gives her a look.