(31)

·Autumn,2015·

·P.O.V, Stuward·

My muscles ached from the extreme workout I just did. Sweat prickled on my arms, my hair having grown out and was tied into a messy ponytail. My fringe stuck to the sides of my face and I panted gulping down some water from my bottle.

The air was humid and the sun peeked through the horizon. Evening was coming and I realized, gazing out around at the trees and dry terrain; that I was out here for a long time.

Sticks snapping didn't make me alert as you'd think. I turned around and scowled crossing my arms at Mick who stood a few feet away.

"What's wrong?" I asked sceptically eyeing his tight lipped expression.

He replicated my position except leaning against the bark of the tree next to him. His eyes watching me intently which unnerved me.

"Someone broke our territory," I didn't speak knowing he wanted to continue. "And, she says she knows where Rogue is."

My eyes grew wide and I diverted my eyes. Penetrating the ground and sending my anger straight through my brown orbs. I licked my lips that suddenly became dry from the building of shock.

"Where is she."

My voice was demanding and firm. I turned to Mick when he didn't answer and I asked again. My voice being softened by a small breeze.

"I said, where is she."

Mick's Alpha mode turned on and I rolled my eyes.

"Watch your tone, bloodsucker." He hissed but I knew his warning was only small talk.

"And, she's in the pack house. But you can't hurt he-"

I gritted my teeth. "Why not?"

He glared at me for interrupting. He then became slightly flustered and he scratched his head.

"It appears that the Moon choose the little Avian as Kurtis's mate."

-

Mick's words were confirmed when I got back to the pack house. He was close behind me when I walked into the living room to see them snuggled close on the couch.

The Avian reeked of honey and spice. Her blue eyes stared at me curiously and her red hair was being knotted by Kurtis's pointy chin. She had a heart shaped face and would be attractive if Rogue wasn't the one I needed.

"Avian?" I said staring at her not missing the angry look from Kurtis.

She blinked at me. "My name's actually Octavia and yours?"

"Don't care. Now where is she?" I growled annoyed at her for trying to induce small talk.

Kurtis's growl didn't phase me, Octavia smiling at him made his attention turn directly to her. They stared at each other lovingly like they were each others world.

I became envious of them already wishing that somehow mine and Rogues relationship would be like that.

I shook away the trivial thoughts and clenched my fists. "Just tell me where she is. Mick said you knew."