(3)

·Autumn, 2014·

                          He wasn't suppose to know I was female. Gritting my teeth I glanced away biting my lip hard enough to draw blood. This is why I don't talk to humans, they're too curious for their own good.

"It's cold outside," I said flatly turning to give him a irritated look. "That's all I'm saying."

"My names Stuward, by the way." He finished in a gentle voice, but you could still see that he wasn't fully done mourning his Grandpa yet. He'd probably continue once I went back to sleep.

His name really rolled perfectly off my tongue, I murmured it softly under my breath. Grateful that he wasn't listening instead a distant look crossed his face.

"I have a friend, well an old friend who could fix my camera," Stuward offered hopefully. "That is if you want to come with me."

I let his words sink in before responding back. My heart throbbed painfully every time I thought about not going and I couldn't help but feel conflicted with all the emotions swarming inside me. The main one I felt would be hope, which was weird since I never would believe in such a thing. But looking at my mate with his dark hair and his naive brown eyes. I knew that he could be my savior to bring me up from the bottomless pit.

And, save me from this black hole.

"You're very naive."

He chuckled wincing a bit from his shoulder. "No, I just see the good in people."

My eyes widened dramatically before I controlled my disbelieving emotions and gave him a flat look.

"Okay. This came—

"It has a picture of my Grandpa's killer. The Were." Stuward interrupted sternly with his eyebrows curling downwards.

My heart stopped, dread filling every essence in my whole body so that I couldn't even feel angry that he interrupted me. Every limb stiffened to the degree that I could be mistakened for a statue. I licked my dry lips and nodded feigning being shocked.

"A Were, as in werewolf. There suppose to be sightings of them around my neighborhood. But I just put it off as..mangy cats." I lied cursing under my breath for the lame excuse.

He snorted amused. "Somebody should go to spec savers."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Obviously, now what was that about weres?"

He nodded with understanding knowing that I wanted to change the subject. He shifted up in my bed ignoring the pain he must've received from his shoulder by the abrupt movement.

"Just one. It was just one Were," He corrected for me, but quickly starting speaking when I scowled at him. "If we go to my friends, maybe she can fix it. It holds so much memories for me."

I spotted the way his lips slipped downwards and he looked away. This camera meant so much my mate, that even a daring person wouldn't have the cheek to deny him your company.

"Fine, we leave at dusk."

He smiled at me.

-

I admit that I should have thought more about this little adventure. When it came morning again the next day, new bulletins were all over the shops windows and street lights featuring me in Lycan form. Except Stuward didn't know about that so he just chatted hatefully about me, well to me.

"It's about time the government got serious about Werewolf's. If I ever found that Were again, I'd kill it with my bare hands." Stuward growled icily throwing the flyers away onto the busy sidewalk.

I sent him a frown, deciding not to reply. If only he knew that the Were was right beside him.

Humans hurried past us. Their smell over clogging my nostrils and causing me to sneeze and keep on the inside, away from the road where cars zoomed by.

A prideful feeling filled me, despite the regret still lingering that I could hide this long from the Night guards and humans.

Vampires were never great at using their noses. And humans, were just humans. They may be smart but they don't have the brains to find me.

"Hey, you okay?" Stuward asked poking me.

I slapped his hand roughly away from my face, concealing the tiny flinch as I backed away.

"Don't touch me." I snapped coldly.

His jacket wrinkled when he put up his hands in surrender. The cars going by causing both of us to shiver as the air blew wildly around sending rubbish all over from the waste bin connecting to a small tree.

"Cool down Ice Queen." He snickered making me glare at him.

The humans quickened their pace around us and I chose to ignore Stuward for awhile. With my keen eyes, I saw past the rushing people that rudely bumped into both of us. Stuward sent a sneer towards in return and gripped my wrist tightly stopping me from walking towards the top of the road. But I could tell by the fearful look on the humans faces. Up ahead was a patrol of Night Guards and they had their Tank with them.

Worry filled me and I swiftly pulled Stuward into the alleyway, pressing us close together to make us look like a normal couple cuddling. Stuward winced from the impact of his body against the wall of the shop which made me be reminded of his injury.

The tank crushed every thing under it's metallic feet. The sound almost reverberating through the thin alleyway we were in. My sensitive ears burned with pain and I unconsciously shifted closer to my mate seeking his comfort.

I waited for the tank to go by, it took awhile and quickly following after them were the Night Guards. They walked stoically. In their grubby hands, they proudly held their silver spears that transformed into a pistol at the end. Their weapons pointing upwards towards the bright sun. If it weren't for their sun proof red armor and their silver bullets. Then I could possibly take three, maybe two of them.

But on my own, I admit I'd be killed within a few minutes. Most of my kind isn't around anymore, maybe I'm the only one.

·End·

Pic is of Rogue.