(32)

·Autumn,2015·

·P.O.V, Stuward·

      It was midnight, cold and bright and the forest trees shadowing our path. Leaves and branches broke under all our feet. Kurtis held Octavia close to him, smiling at her fondly. They were up in front whilst I stayed back with Mick a little ways behind me.

"I told my pack warriors to stay close but unheard." Mick said strongly to all of us.

I glanced around tying to sniff them out. Not wanting anything to mess up this plan to save Rogue. I could only smell forest animals and a stream.

Night howls hooted in the distance, probably smelling Octavia. Although I don't know how her kind worked, could she understand other birds such as herself?

Other than that, nothing else really interested me so I began to breath normally again. And, turned to face Octavia.

"How long more?"

She glanced at me thoughtfully. "Not too far now."

"You said that two hours." I commented dryly.

She turned to me in vexation. Her lips stuck together into a narrowed scowl.

"Give me a break, I'm a bird!" She snapped sharply and I chuckled at her making her face flush with anger and her go off into a big speech.

Something that I apparently had the ability to do to everyone. No one was as sexy as Rogue though. Riling her up always made my day, except when she got physical. My hand lingered on my cheek for a few seconds, I smiled softly.

"Shush now children," Mick ordered tautly staring up ahead cutting off Octavia from her big speech and her mate from opening his mouth.

"There's someone up ahead."

I breathed in heavily to confirm what he said and I nodded irritated. The smell was similar to Rogues and there was a human there too and that itself was peculiar.

Quickly, Kurtis rushed us over to a bush that was slightly obscuring us from whoever was ahead. He made sure that his mate was hidden behind his shoulder and I snorted amused at the thought.

Rogue would probably be the one trying to hide me, like always.

Leafs were mutilated underneath our feet, coming to a bare noise. The only thing to be heard was our slow breathing and the wheezing of the breeze that shook the bush. We were awaiting the newcomers to show their selves.

Octavia whispered "Do you think they saw us?"

I spoke before everyone else, annoyed which was nothing new when it came to the Avian.

"I bet they heard us now."

Octavia glared at me, before scoffing amused. A small smile developing.

"No wonder you two are mates.."

I ignored her words. Even though it gave me a warm tingly feeling inside. I didn't have time to dwell on my thoughts when a male voice echoed over the area.

Octavia stirred slightly making a delighted squeal that burned my ears. She tried to get up bashing her way past Mick and I rather roughly.

"What are you doing?" Kurtis growled gripping her wrist stopping her from popping out of the Bush.

She glared at him and this time holding anger. "Let go," She snapped tugging on her wrist, her voice going softer. "I know him."

"Apparently, you know everyone." Mick said adding to my growing suspicion.

I shook away my feelings, a scowl forming on face when Octavia burst from the bushes in a rather upbeat fashion. Knocking roughly into Mick and me, causing both of us to stubbornly follow after her. Kurtis tailing hastily behind.

"L!" She cried rushing towards mystery man, attacking him with a massive bear hug.

I couldn't remove my eyes. His scent was uncannily close to Rogues, so close that I was starting to become confused and wondered shortly if my nose was playing tricks on me. I decided to keep trying to sniff out that human who was somewhere around here.

The man seemed also intrigued by me. His eyes though softening a noch when he glanced down at Octavia. Kurtis was comically fuming behind but stayed back by the glare Mick was giving him. I was positive they were mind linking too.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same," He replied sharply eyeing me curiously. 

"What's a vampire doing around these parts?"

"That's none of your concern, look Octavia this is no time for a happy reunion," I gritted my teeth narrowing my eyes. "We have to get to Rogue."

"For once I agree with Stuward, as much as I'd like to have a break," Mick shifted froward crossing his arms keeping his voice firm.

"Now is not the time so if you can hurry up this charade. We would really appreciate it." Mick concluded keeping his tone polite coming to a stop beside me.

A small dust storm brewed and I blinked away the irritation it caused scowling yet again.

"You told them?" 'L' questioned Octavia pushing her away gently.

"Not everything, Stuward is her mate L. And they agreed to help us save her and all the more, right?" She said smiling at him to assure him that she was truthful.

He eyed her cautiously, then sighed nodding briskly before letting his eyes linger on me.

"You're her mate?"

I nodded reluctantly. Not that I was embarrassed, I just didn't know this guy, nor did I trust him or Octavia.

"Yeah, I am." I said.

His eyebrows furrowed. "You better be good to her. She's had it hard and she doesn't need a bastard as a mate."

I became confused and annoyed at his input. My brown eyes narrowed in warning and cautiously I tightened my clenched fists.

"No offence, but that's really none of your business."

He chuckled darkly shifting forward. He was few inches taller than me, his eyes glaring downwards and his lips forming a thin line.

"I'm her brother. So I'm afraid it is my fucking business."

His words struck something in me and I let out a incoherent gasp. Mick was stoic stiffening up replicating my shocked expression. I stared at him even more confused. No wonder he smelt like Rogue, they were siblings.

Fuck, now I have two assholes to deal with.

·End·

Sorry for the long wait guys, I kinda got a bit down again and I hope this chapter is up to standards. Also thanks so much, I got a lot more votes and reads than I expected and that made me really happy, along with all the extra comments too!! :)

What would you like to see in the future chapters? I'd love to know ^^

Goal this chapter- 20 comments, all from different people plz? :) I won't post the next chapter till I'm close to that XD

-Question of the day-

If you were stranded on a desert Island and could only bring one person, who would that be? Mines Dora the explorer :D

Please try to take some time to press that sexy button and tell me what you truly think below ;)

Have a nice day :)