(12)

·Winter, 2014·

                                    The vampire was a delightful meal. I made sure to make her death painful and morose. She posed a threat to my mate and I always deal with threats towards my mate. Me, on the other hand would usually run for I knew when I was on lesser side of winning a fight. It was only out of anger and possessiveness for my mate that I won.

Glancing up with dark hazel eyes and blood crusting my face like the rabid dog that I was. I went alarmed when I smelt more Night Guards outside and I couldn't see my mate not with all the smoke.

Frantically my eyes scanned the barren pub. My eyes burned from the bright flames and the rough smoke clogged my throat. Fear for my mate filled me and I gritted my teeth letting out a frustrated roar.

I licked my chapped lips with my bloody pink toungue and swiftly sauntered over behind the debris left over from the counter. My nostrils were clouded with dust and blood, I scratched it purposely cutting my nose. My left cheek burned with pain that only that bitch of a vampire could give me for being what she was. Blood dripped from both wounds.

But that's why I was a coward and preyed on humans. The word hate became a emotion I felt often about myself, so much in the last few weeks that I couldn't help but agree. Maybe it was suppose to be this way? My mate probably saw me; a monster ravaging into the vampires throat with my teeth.

And, he did the most obvious thing.

He ran.

·

I don't know how long I spent looking for him in the freezing cold. The second I noticed he wasn't around, I ran from the burning rubble of the pub and away from the mayhem of Warr Acres city, near the Halloween woods.

The moon shone down on me, shining me with it's blue glow and sparing me it's delightful increase of my prowess.

My feet left large footprints in the snowy trail. Frozen leaves got crushed into the ground from my harsh stomps and retaliated by attaching their self to my delicate claws that stung from the harsh but refreshing breeze.

A feeling of loneliness swarmed inside me and I howled up to the sky. My howl cut into the tall, brooding oak trees and snow fluttered down adding more sadness to my already dark emotions.

For the first time in awhile, I missed something that I knew I could never even dream of being with; my mate.

Stuward, I miss you. I thought that with so much hope. With the hope that he gave me and learnt me to feel. Even though we barely knew each other or got that close.

It still felt like half my heart was ripped from me.

Now forever lost into the mosnter that was me.

·P.O.V, Stuward·

My mind was befuddled, a feint sense of worry filled me as I thought about Rogue. I stayed behind not trusting the old woman that owned the pub. She was in front of me leading me through the crepuscular underbelly of her pub that resembled somewhat to a maze. The smell of smoke still lingering down from the tightly shut hatch behind me.

"Hurry, sweetie," She called softly back to me glancing back with her bright blue eyes. "We don't have much time before they find us down here."

I bit back the reply that immediately formed in my head. Can't hide the feeling of curiousness about who she was and where she was taking me though so I stayed quiet. My shy nature effecting me in more ways than one as well and making me tight lipped in every situation I faced.

Rogue. I smiled slightly at her name. She made me feel different. But I spared a glance backwards just as the old nameless woman stopped. Her hands quickly gripping the lever that pulled open a secret entrance. Dust creaked from the ceiling and made me sneeze softly into my hand.

Still staring backwards as I moved into the secret door. I knew what Rogue would say, her voice replaying in my head.

"You're so naive."

But just like everyone in my life, the either died or left because I was such a fucking coward and always put myself first.

·End·