(22)

·Spring, 2015·

                                         Stuward stayed over at the pack house and vice versa with me. Of course I tried to avoid it at all costs, being in a house full of Vampires wasn't exactly high on my to do list.

Watching the luscious trees with little specks of sun shining through the narrowed branches and the breeze that blew up a swirl of dead leaves and new born flowers. I decided that the scenery was sublime. My feet crunching the dry dirt under my boots that my blue jeans were shoved down along with my hands except in my coat pockets. I did everything I could to hide my scarred body from Stuward and basically anyone.

I didn't deny the feeling of insecurity when I first was introduced to Stuwards relatives. His cousin Vitcoria was by far the definition of perfect. Vampires were always perfect whilst Werewolf's had to work for their body.

"Hurry up!" Stuward said with vexation glancing back at me and crossing his arms across his plaid shirt.

Purposely, I slowed down my pace stepping harder on the leave and clenching my fists inside my pockets. Bastard, I thought scowling deeply.

Like he read my mind, he sent me a annoyed look over his shoulder and that was when he tripped; his ankle got caught on a rogue trunk belonging to one of the many trees and he tumbled over the tiny cliff.

Still out of view though which was when I frantically rushed over to him, after freezing in shock and suppressing my obnoxious laughter first though.

"Stuward, are you okay?" I called gently coming to a stop, bending over on my knees and staring down at my mate who's scent was masked by the mud he was lying in.

I snorted amused and my eyes twinkled  mischievously. Standing up straight, I put my hands on my hips and shook my head deadpanned.

With confidence, I said with a small smirk and a wave of my hand to emphasis my false disappointment.

"I thought Vampires were suppose to be aware of their surroundings."

A large chunk of mud slid down my cheek. Embedded in my gob smacked mouth and my blonde hair, my eyes trailed to Stuward who was laughing with a smug but shrew expression.

"Asshole, I swe—" I was cut off by another chunk being thrown at me. I skillfully dodged this one but unfortunately I slipped, coming to a roll in front of Stuward who stared down at me with that snide smirk that boiled my blood.

Icky mud covered every inch of both of our bodies, I spluttered out some, the milky taste lingering on my tongue, whilst I leaned up halfway. My hands making a squirting sound, shoving their way to the very bottom where I felt the sharp stinging of growing nettles on my fingers and wrists, my jacket and jumper after being forced up to my forearm.

I cursed under my breath tugging roughly at my two missing hands. My tugging getting harsher, my emotions getting took over by frustration. A common fact for me. I winced when Stuward gripped my bicep, his voice tickling my ear after he knelt down in front of me to my level. His movement making a swishing sound in the mud.

"Don't move, idiot." He spoke plainly his touch and closeness giving me red cheeks that I refused to let him see by adverting my eyes to the source of my problems, the stupid mud. My hair tactfully protecting my face falling softly from my hat and tickiling my chin from the soft breeze and his breath, whilst some stuck to my face refusing to detach.

I didn't give my mate a bitchy comeback. I let him move his hand down the length of my arms, watched him gaze at my scars and feel his fingers slightly shift over them tenderly. Sickness struck my stomach and I was positive he was disgusted, last time he only saw them. This time he was touching them.

He didn't say anything. Surprising coming from him. His scent was stronger and I breathed it in almost impulsively staring half lidded at Stuward through the gaps in my hair. He was so cute still but I missed his eye color the most. The brown color suit his naivety that I was sure he still had. Why else would he be helping me, the monster who murdered his Grandpa?

"I—I'm sorry," I whispered sincerely biting my lip, I was unsure if he even heard me. "For your Grampa, I mean."

"Stop that." Stuward muttered darkly eyeing my face with repulse. "You don't get to be sorry. He's dead, Rogue and you," His voice grew harsher and more cold.

"You're still alive."

His words were filled with resentment, each word particularly spat with increasing vemon. His grasp on my arms tightening from anger. My body shook with anticipation awaiting his, or better yet thinking over my next words.

I swallowed biting my lip brooding over what to say. The underlying conclusion couldn't help but surface; he wanted me dead.

That much I could tell.

Tears slowly gathered in my eyes, his words wounding my heart more than anyone else ever could. Having a mate was more of a burden than anything else. Some would beg to differ, but their mates probably weren't Vampires or related to the murder victim that you killed.

"Stuward, I know I can never take back what I did," My voice was tremulous and I sighed taking a pause to look away, too afraid to see his expression.

He said gruffly. "Yeah, you can't."

I opened my mouth only to firmly shut it, a unknown scent wafting up my nose entering from the harsh breeze that suddenly blew. Reconciling would have to wait.

"Night Guards," Stuward whispered irritated. "We have to move."

His sense of smell was obviously better than before. But I was surprised, the Night Guards were at least less than a mile way.

"Y..yeah. Hurry up and help me then, moron."

Stuward glared at me for the insult than with a kind of gentleness mixed with vigor; he freed my hands from their muddy captivity and we made our way carefully out of the mud.

·

Uncannily, the nearer we came to Stuwards house. The more prominent the smell of Night Guards became.

This time we stayed side by side. I kept my arms stoic to my side in fear of brushing against Stuwards hand that was clenched just like his jaw. I knew he was awaiting of what was to come, as was I.

The smell of burning ash swarmed the air. Dark smoke indicating a fire that was still burning swelled up into the air. The small hill that we were walking up masked the intensity of the fire and where the core was.

I swallowed back the lump in my throat and felt my hands start to shake when his smell lingered in the smoke. His scent familiar to my Mothers, musky like most male humans. Barely breathable. But it was there.

My Father was there.

Anger along with uncontrollable fear crept into every inch of my body. My brain sore from thinking, why?

Why was he here?

I spared my mate a glance to see him scowling at the ground in front of him. His steps were hard and almost forceful. At least he didn't notice the drop in my usual calm persona. I'd never live it down with all his questions. But I seemingly keep forgetting that he doesn't give a shit about me anymore.

He didn't even question me about my scars earlier.

And, if that's not a sign then what is?

I closed my eyes, blinked, then opened them again to see us coming over the hill. Stuwards family was all gathered closely together protecting their home, Vixen was holding back her mate Roland from attacking my Father.

Almost instantly, my Father's eyes locked onto my form and I froze in my spot which aroused suspicion from Stuward who halted in his steps glancing between my Father and I.

My heart pounded in my chest and I felts short of breath. I couldn't breath. My chest hurt so much and sent sharp pains all over my body and I began to breath rapidly. My face turning a pale color.

"Annora, finally I've found you." Father said with his wicked smile.

·End·

Don't forget to vote/comment/share! ^^