(20.1)

·Spring, 2015·

                                    The air was humid and a small breeze blew through the trees where mother birds were stationed high above on the branches that dangled from the trunks. The sun shone like glittery diamonds in between the gaps and I watched them from my seat in my Art class, far more interested in nature than showing my creativity.

School was boring. This class, that the old art teacher taught, was particularly doing nothing to awaken my inner artistic alter ego. Or maybe I wasn't used to this sort of thing. My father thought art wasn't useful, actually he thought nothing educational was of any use to me.

I was just his test subject, not his daughter.

The humans all smelt of sweat which concealed the usual blood scent from me, Gym being our earlier subject. But with Mick's training this morning; I was almost falling half asleep. It didn't help that the teacher had such a dry, cracky voice as she rattled on about color schemes or whatever.

"Lucy!"

My eyes instantly caught the red headed victim that was the Portal. Her shoulders sagged down from being caught talking to her seat partner and she bit her lip nervously casting a look upwards to our teacher.

The teacher had red flushed cheeks and her eyes nearly popped out from her square head.

"Detention, for wasting my breath on you." She smirked smugly turning around to face her desk again.

The class didn't ooh or anything. They just stared straight ahead like soldiers, stiff and stoic. Lucy didn't try anything, just sighed silently and her friend patted her shoulder gently to show she was here for her, I assumed.

But I smirked. That was my chance to get to know her before my mate did. Then I can try and work on befriending him again or at least trying to make up for lying and deceiving him.

All in due time I suspect.

·

Whispers were murmured around me as I stalked past my classmates intent on heading to the girls bathroom. My shoes made a screech on the floor when I swiftly turned out into the hallway shoving my hands into my coat pockets to refrain from punching the lights out of all them.

My bladder was throbbing and I sighed irritated into the barren hallway. The bottle of water that Kurt forced me to have at lunch was the cause. The loss of human blood in my body making me rely on human products more so than before.

I paused hearing a airy laugh.

My eyes scanned the lockers and the small windows that gazed into empty classrooms. There was no one here, not that my eyes could see. But I sniffed loudly forming a bubbled snort making my nostrils clear as the scent of a Vampire filled them.

I growled hearing the scurry of feet swish past me. But when I glanced back with narrowed eyes; there was nobody but his scent.

"Come out, Stuward. I know it's you." I hissed in vexation clenching my fists and stiffening up when a hand grazed the back of my neck making hairs arise.

My eyes widened at how quick he was but that quickly disappeared when he grabbed the back of my collar and pushed me up against the locker. A loud rattling noise echoed into the hallway.

Dark red eyes gazed into mine and his face loomed down on me. He used his extra few inches that he had on me, to corner me in more than he already was.

My shoulder blades dug into the hard metal, sending another rattle out into the air. I narrowed my eyes and bit my lip feeling annoyed at the sparks that spread through my skin, eventually stopping due to the ongoing touching of his hand to my neck.

The sparks that formed whenever your mate touched you, did stop once you kept touching every now and again. Otherwise they'd be annoying.

"Let go,"  I gritted out between grinding teeth and glared angrily into my smug mates eyes. "Now!"

He cocked his head with a smirk lingering on his lips. "Is that a warning? Come on, Rogue you don't even know what I want yet."

I stared at him with annoyance. My bottom lip getting gnawed on by my teeth as my inner beast tried to take hold. The pounding of Stuwards heart penetrated through his wrist that touched my neck, sending a vibrating sensation through me and the hairs on my neck arose from the simple contact.

"I don't really give a shit what you want, bloodsucker." I growled matching the anger that flashed in his eyes with a small smirk of my own. "Don't like what people call, do you Stuward.'

He slammed me into the locker making me wince slightly. But I let him have that one and I chuckled looking away and giving him a side glance.

"It's funny how much you hated Vampires. But, now you are one. How does it feel to be the thing you despised the most Stuward?"

His eyes glazed over with uncontrollable anger and his fangs showed in a silent hiss of a warning. His minty breath fanning my right cheek as I kept staring at him sideways. My blond hair having grown out in the last few months; now shaded my view sliding down to tickle my cheek and kept rustling softly from each word he spoke.

"Simple. Since the thing I despise most now is you. Not your kind. Just you." His words were spat and made my heart clench with pain and a cloud of hurt came over me but I denied the tears that wanted to fall. Instead, I decided to lash out.

I snarled at him, using my desperation and hurt as leverage and using my arm to elbow him away. He seemed surprised by my sudden attack and his feet skidded across the floor, screeching into the hallway that was filling with curious onlookers that kept increasing in mass. His back hit the wall with a dull thud and I cursed myself.

Shit, I let my emotions take control.

A dark bruise formed below Stuwards left eye that was narrowed at me in a deep glare. His fists were clenched and we both panted, not from exhaustion but from the awakened adrenaline of starting a brawl.

I could hear every single whisper muttered in the hallway. The humans gathered around us in a circle as if this was the most entertaining thing to occur here in years. It probably was. I didn't acknowledge them, I just stared at Stuward with a frustrated scowl with my body shaking from the result of my emotional occurrence.

I knew that it would be a lot more harder than a simple sorry to ever make him forgive me for my actions. I thought of that because of what happened and what Stuward said.

"Get out of my way you scoundrels!"

The voice of my art teacher alerted me when she shoved her way rudely through nervous students and stared at my mate and I. She placed her hands on her hips, her face resembling a tomato and a vein pulsed on her neck.

"What the hell is going on here?!" She snapped questionably glancing at both of us.

The audience whispers got louder from suspense and the art teacher glared at them.

"Off to class you lot!" She hissed and instantly they all scurried away with theirs tails between their legs.

But her voice didn't nothing to deter my mate and I from losing her glaring match. My heart slowly was dying down to a small throbbing beat and I felt my muscles stiffen back to normal as I unclenched my fists, slowly relaxing my stature.

"Well, Rogue, Stuward what happened?" The art teacher said curiously casting us another look.

"She started it." Stuward muttered icily and I frowned getting his under meaning.

"It was your fault." I bit back grouchily.

He opened his mouth to reply back but the aft teacher shouted instead.

"Shut up the lot of you. Doesn't matter who started it, or who's fault it was. You both have detention!"

Bingo, I thought with a mental sigh.

·End·