(13)

·Winter, 2014·

·P.O.V, Stuward·

                                      It was of awkward silence in the room. It was warm though, too warm for being underground which led me to believe that this whole maze of a hideout traveled up to the electric generators that ran the whole electric fences thing. It stopped anyone from entering, but never left anyone leave unless you were banished there by the Vampires leaders.

  "My names Vixen, sweetie. What's yours?" The old woman that brought me here said in her gentle voice. Reaching over the coffee table and handing me a cup of hot coco before seating herself in the puffed leather sofa across from me.

Vixen seemed nice. My naive personality only letting me see the good in people. Just like I saw in Rogue.

She had long blonde hair tied in a bun with a red ribbon. Her eyes sparkled with motherly love and showed what she truly was. A vampire.

I felt cautious of her though. Something that Rogue taught to me feel around strangers. But she always taught me to be nonchalant around them, so that I'd be safe.

I licked my lips taking a greedy sip of the drink. It warmed up my air ways and made me feel at home as if my own mom was here. I shook away the depressing feelings and sent her a small smile murmuring under my breath.

"Stuward. My names Stuward." I repeated it twice to assure myself that she heard and she did when she nodded in thanks.

"That's a lovely name," Her tone got an octave lower becoming more firmer. "Now, what about that Were you were with?"

I gave her a repulsed glare instantly coming to defend Rogue. But the second I opened my mouth, I closed it in shocked horror. Anger. Red hot anger swirled inside me and I curled my hands into tight fists. But the emotion I felt most of all was betrayal.

She deceived me, hurt me just so she could probably eat me like the monster she was. But even though I was angry at her, that name didn't suit her at all.

·

The underground house I was in was built to accommodate several people. I only met Vixen, who had a husband who was in charge.

Every room was dark but nicely decorated which made you feel like you were above. The only light were frail lampshades that barely lit the rooms.

I was in the living room, on the same couch as earlier apparently trusted by Vixen as she went in search for 'Roland'. I kept my emotions in check, somewhat anyway but the second Vixen left; I let go.

I gritted my teeth. Slammed fist after fist into the poor cushion taking out my wrath onto the soft material. But I was so incredibly anger at Rogue. Her name boiled my brew and I kept repeating my therapeutic actions over and over until I felt a bit more at ease.

But the nagging thought never left me. Did she kill my Grandpa. It wasn't a question, more of a confirmation which made me feel even worse and tears formed in my eyes.

Yes, yes she did.

I didn't even notice a black hulk of a man stalk in with a bright eyed Vixen behind him until his voice boomed through the small room and I jumped in fright.

My heart went ninety and my face flushed with embarrassment hoping neither of them didn't see me.

"Young man, I suspect you know that my wife's courtesy was the luck of the draw for you." I nodded to his words surprised by how uplifting it was but extremely loud. It hurt my eardrums to the extent that I rubbed them.

I wish I was as muscular as him at his age though. He looked around sixty which wasn't that old. Grey stubble colored his chin and uplifted into his dark curls. One of his hazel eyes were pure white from an obvious accident. He had a purple scar trailing down from his blind eye and turning sideways into his mouth. To put it straight. It looked awesome.

"Yes, I know, eh, sir." I hiccuped siping more of my coco and gulping it down nervously.

Needless to say. I would never be the cool type of guy, I was awkward, shy and failed at Maths. So I wasn't that bright.

His eyes made me feel like he could see through me. He looked like a real life hulk, seriously he reminded me of the green superhero so much that I literally saw him on a comic sheet.

But those thoughts did nothing to hid the sweat prickling down my forehead or the downwards curve of my lips as I frowned anxiously awaiting for his next words.

"Now, son I really wish things could be different. You're parents wouldn't have wanted you to meet me like this." Roland sighed rubbing his forehead with his dirty nails and glancing at his wife who encouraged him with a small smile.

A swarm of emotions filled me and I stared at him with a slightly overwhelmed expression. He knew my parents, that was obvious but what did he mean by 'meet me like this'?

With narrowed eyes, I prepared myself to run something that I was used too. I've been running away from situations my whole life but it was my only option against a guy his size. He could literally swallow me up and spit me back out like chewing gum.

Anxiously, I decided to play it safe since I knew there were others here so the probable outcome would be my death either way.

"How do you know my parents?" My voice increased with volume when I accidently whispered it like the mouse I was.

But he heard me. Staring at me with his brooding eyes like a vulture waiting to snap me in its beady jaw. I gulped uncomfortable and sipped my coco to heal my sudden dry throat.

Roland peered down at his wife who gave him a gentle kiss that warmed my insides. My thoughts regretfully flying to Rogue as I imagined us kissing. I have ever since I met her. It was if we knew each other our whole lives. I couldn't deny that I missed her, but I hated her at the same time. But, I frowned at the thought.

It still felt like half my heart was ripped from me.

·End·

It ends like a movie, as if both the characters thought the same thing at the time. Its just to show that their time is now right but wasn't before lol.