(8)

·Autumn, 2014·

                               Stuward instantly agreed to Stephanie's offer and here I was brooding over the past events in a dark bedroom that only held the bed that my mate was currently lying on whilst I preferred the window seat.

Just a few days ago I was just a lonely Were, now I have my mate who gives me somewhat of a reason to keep by his side. I know we can't be together. He deserves better than a monster and a murderer.

I shifted my legs to my chest and sighed tiredly into them. The bed creaked annoyingly which occurred every time my mate made a move.

My hands had tremors because of my need for blood. I glanced at the lump in the bed. My mate snoring into the otherwise silent room.

When I deemed he was safe and okay, I left the room and went out the back door of the house. Not making a sound to show that I was leaving, or to arouse Stephanie from her slumber.

It was at least three hours after ten p.m.

I didn't stay outside for long. The cold now taking over for it's hot partner and making me shiver even in my Lycan form. I left my clothes hidden behind the bins in Stephanie's backyard since shifting would tear them apart.

My large hands and feet skittered across the pavement. I kept close to the shadows and lingered close to dumpsters and sewers to obscure my scent from Night Guards that always patrolled the rich districts of Warr Acres.

The small white tuff of fur that sprang from my thin tail didn't make me look any more less than what I was. A large monster of the night.

"Yeah, look baby I —I love you too."

The male voice made me freeze and shift backward with my teeth showing in a quiet snarl. I sniffed his scent and groaned hungrily watching him with two glowing green eyes as he sauntered out of a corner on his phone.

His large trench jacket causing me to lick my lips since he'd be a tasty meal.

He walked on the pavement listening to the women on the other line. The street lamp guiding him to his destination which he sadly wouldn't make it too.

I crossed the road staying behind him and keeping quiet. Until I deemed it a good moment to strike as my shadow over took his bulky form.

"One minute sweetie." He whispered into his phone with a smile in his voice. "There's a weirdo f—

I pounced cutting off his sentence and his petrified screams for help echoed throughout the district.

And, I was positive the women heard him clearly from the other line.

But I just swiped my claws at the man, cutting his clothes into shreds. Blood sprewing out onto the pavement.

My only response to my oncoming regret would have to be; I was hungry.

·

When I got back to the house and changed into my clothes. Stephanie was panicking rushing back and forth in the kitchen and my mate was leaning against the counter.

I blinked against the burning sensation I got off the light and locked the back door before walking casually past them.

"Aren't you going to say where you were?"

My mates voice was angry and I just spared him a glance as he neared me. His brown eyes were narrowed with shaded black bags under neath them.

"That's none of your busines—

"None of my business, really? Me and Steph have been worrying sick for you!" He growled hotly grabbing my wrist tight enough to hurt.

My heart warmed slightly that he was worried about me. But as per usual my reply was untruthful.

"I just went for a walk."

I adverted my eyes afraid to look into his feeling uncomfortable. Our faces were too close for my liking and I could feel his breath puff out, warming my cheek.

The sparks kept increasing in intensity and I hated it. I licked my chapped lips and refrained from growling at my human mate and to show him his place. But that was just my animal tendencies kicking in. In reality I actually found him showing his aggressive side quite attractive.

"A walk?"

I nodded to assure him that he didn't need to be confused or angry. Still he didn't make any indication towards letting go of my wrist. There was going to a defiant bruise forming now.

Stephanie stared at us with envy behind Stuwards back, her eyes befuddled when the door bell rang and she rushed out to answer it.

I made a move to go into the living room when Stuwards grip loosened. But he gently pulled me back pushing me against the white fridge making it shake a bit. I stiffened myself up against the furniture and glared at my mate.

"What the fuck? Let me go." I sneered furrowing my eyebrows and frowning deeply with slight confusion and anger.

His eyes stared into mine displaying the exact emotions that I had. His hair tickled my cheek and our noses touched. Our cheeks both tinted red and our breaths combined.

Stephanie walked in opening her mouth but closed it shut when Stuward pushed himself hastily away from me. We both avoided each others eyes and stared only at her. She looked between us with anger only shown at me.

"Did I, eh, interrupt something?" She said scratching her cheek with a fake smile entwining her skinny legs that were protected by a measly pair of jeggings.

"Don't be absurd." I muttered flatly crossing my arms across my chest beckoning towards the door. My senses slowly returning and I felt my heart spike when I smelt a Night Guard.

"Who was at the door?" I asked feigning my curiosity and to put up more of a font to defend myself against future accusations.

Her eyes went dark and her voice was cold.

"It was my Dad, he rounded up the neighborhood."

My eyes grew wide and I bit my lip. Her Dad's a vampire. I scanned her body sniffing in loudly whilst adverting my face downwards faking a yawn. She didn't smell like one. But then again. She only looked two years younger than me, sixteen maybe.

Vampires usually change when they hit eighteen. That's why the humans and them fear my kind so much.

Stuward frowned and moved forward to her. "For what?" He asked gently but with urgency.

She sighed. "They found another body a few blocks from here. Defiant Were lingering around."

I cursed under my breath.

·End·