i. bossing around

i. BOSSING AROUND
or lulu sighing over and over again

 BOSSING AROUNDor lulu sighing over and over again

It was like living in two separate worlds. On one end, Lulu was starting to get an immense amount of attention in the movie industry —meaning she was being called in for auditions left and right, her performance in « Godly » had gotten her nominations in some of the most prestigious award ceremonies and, for the first time since the beginning of her career, Lulu was seeing it all pay off. For real.

But on the other hand, Lulu was now in charge at home. Meaning she had to pay the bills, do every chores around the house and be there for her little sister ever since their mother had walked right out. And it wasn't easy every day.

Obviously, Zahia was helping around a lot but Lulu had made it clear that she should focus on school and her therapy sessions —too frightened at the idea of something bad happening to her little sister because they had no parents at home anymore.

And Lulu couldn't shake off the idea of not being able to manage everything once school would start again. She knew she was strong enough to make it work but she also knew —deep down in the abyss of denial, that she would probably have to prioritize certain things and say goodbye to others at some point.

Maybe it was selfish but Lulu wasn't ready to face any life changing decisions yet.

She looked at her reflection one last time in the mirror before walking out of the bathroom, all dressed for the New Year's Eve party. Tonight, she didn't want to think about choosing between her family or her own life. She wanted to celebrate making it this far and not losing her mind.

Zahia and Max were laughing at something on their phones when Lulu appeared in the living room. As always, Zahia whistled at her sister's look.

"Well, that's one way to celebrate the new year, sis."

Lulu snorted, "Thanks."

"Yeah, looks amazing," Max added with a soft smile.

Lulu brushed off the compliments with a quick head shake, "So... you guys have a party tonight or you planning on laughing at your phones until tomorrow?"

Max and Zahia shared an equally scared glance, causing Lulu to frown, as the younger sister scratched her throat, "Actually..."

"Oh god, I already hate where this is going, Z."

"Hm... we had a party planned at Lola's but her parents decided to stay at home so..." Zahia started with a shaky voice, "I... kinda told everyone to come here."

Lulu stared at her sister, dumbfounded, "What was that?"

Zahia rose on her feet, a panic expression slowly creeping on her features, "I... it's... I'm sorry I should've told you but I was scared you'd say no and it's only eight people—"