vi. first day back

vi. FIRST DAY BACK
and already losing it

 FIRST DAY BACKand already losing it

Rue never texted Lulu back. She checked her instagram stories but never once thought it would be a good idea to open her messages and tell Lulu she was busy or something else. After five texts, Lulu stopped trying. She tried not taking it personally but she felt like being stabbed in the back. Because Lulu had always been there for her. She came to visit in rehab and, even before Rue od'ed, she always made sure she was doing okay.

So, when Lulu noticed Rue laughing with the new girl in the school halls, her eyes darkened and she slammed her locker door shut, walking away as quickly as possible. She didn't want the jealousy to settle in but she already knew it was too late.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket.

fezzz
good luck w school

lulu
i already wanna kill everyone

fezzz
please dont kill nobody
dont want ya in jail

lulu
dont worry i do it in my dreams

fezzz
cool enough

A few hours later, right before drama class, her phone starting ringing in her pocket. Enolla's name popped up on the screen and she raised an eyebrow curiously. Lulu wasn't used to receive phone calls from her agent during workdays and even less in the morning.

"Hey Eno," Lulu said as she went outside, "What's going on?"

"Hey Lulu, I'm really sorry to bother you," she said, "Especially since I know it's your first day of school but we just had an issue with your mother."

"Oh, you gotta be fucking kidding me," Lulu spat loud enough for Enolla to hear, "I'm so sorry, what the hell did she do?"

"She bursted in the agency saying she had the right to have access to your current net worth and latest paychecks," Enolla explained, "I found a way to calm her down and she finally left."

"Come on, that's a joke," Lulu sighed, "I'm so fucking sorry, really I-I'm—"

"It's okay, I'm not mad at you Lulu," Enolla reassured, "I just wanted to warn you... you should be careful, I don't know what's up with your family but try to keep her away from all this."

"I-I know..."

"I've seen many many talented kids be destroyed by their own parents," Enolla said, "I really don't want to see this happening to you. Not with all the potential you have."

Lulu looked around, feeling invaded by both sadness and anger. If she couldn't trust her own mother —who seemed to change more and more each day, then, who could she trust?