xi. bathroom showdown

xi. BATHROOM SHOWDOWN

Lulu ran out of the school, followed closely by Rue, Jules and Elliot

Lulu ran out of the school, followed closely by Rue, Jules and Elliot. Breathless, she leaned on the railing as they all laughed at their final dare of the day.

"How about we go chill at my place?" Elliot offered.

"Yeah, totally," Rue said, "Could be fun."

"Sure," Jules replied, "I actually have other dare ideas..."

Lulu's phone started ringing, displaying Enolla's name and she quickly picked up, "Hey! What's up?"

"What's up?" Enolla repeated, "You're twenty minutes late! Don't tell me you forgot the shoot. The whole crew's waiting in front of your house."

Lulu looked over at her friends, mortified as they seemed worried, "Oh shit, shit, shit. I'm sorry, just got out of school. I—I'll be here in ten."

Enolla sighed on the other end of the phone, "Just hurry up."

Lulu ended the call, "I'm sorry guys, I forgot I got this shoot that they do with every nominee. I gotta go..."

"Okay superstar, bail on us," Jules joked, earning a death glare from Lulu, "I'm joking! Just go!"

Lulu rapidly walked off, putting on her helmet and lighting a cigarette as she turned on the engine of her scooter, "Keep some for me, maybe I'll swing by later."

She drove off and noticed a car following her as she left the school's parking lot. She didn't think much of it at first, until she understood it was taking the exact same route as her. Whenever she sped up, the car would drive just as fast, and when she slowed down, the car would too.

Until she took the final turn leading to her house.

She hopped off her scooter with an apologetic look on her face. A crew of six people were patiently waiting on the curb, boxes of clothes, cameras and lights all on display around them.

"Hi guys," Lulu blurted, "I'm so so so sorry, I'm the worst."

Jamie, a photographer she had worked with a few times in the past, gave her a smile, "Hey, Lulu! It's alright, don't worry!"

And they all followed her inside.

... ... ...

When Lulu finally got the house to herself, it was already dark outside. She tried doing some homework, the key word being tried because she gave up after half an hour, unable to focus.