v. blurry morning

v. BLURRY MORNING
lulu waking up in another bed

Lulu rubbed her hands against her face as she yawned loudly

Lulu rubbed her hands against her face as she yawned loudly. Memories from the previous night flooded in her mind as she recalled her "altercation" with Kenzie, the intense stares she shared with Fezco, the insults she spat at Nate and his dumb friends. She grunted when she recalled how drunk she was, ultimately causing her to jump in a pool with her clothes on.

Slowly, she realized she wasn't in an environment she knew. Her window had never been on the right side of her bed. She looked over and it finally hit her. She wasn't in her room.

And she wasn't wearing her clothes. Instead, she wore an oversized shirt with some shorts that were definitely too big for her.

She looked out the window and recognized her backyard, causing her to remember Fezco was supposed to drive her home last night.

Yes, Fezco and Lulu are neighbors. The Jensons moved in when Lulu's father left them to join some weird ass cult like three years ago. He left with all the money they had so the three settled for a smaller place in a less safe part of the suburbs. Not to judge or anything but shitty stuff happen more often around here.
But Lulu got used to it and she likes it here now. I mean, that's what she says.

Lulu was welcomed by Fezco and Ashtray when she walked in the living room.

"Yo, you a mess girl," Ashtray said with a scoff.

"Morning to you too, asshat," Lulu said as she hit him on the shoulder on her way to the kitchen.

She sat on a stool as Fezco gave her a glass of water, pouring her a cup of coffee, "Morning, Hollywood girl."

"Mornin'," she replied, "Uhm, I-I don't really—"

"You passed out in my car, you couldn' even find your home keys," Fezco said, "I brought you home and gave you some clothes. I slept on the couch, don't worry."

"Okay," she said before drinking the glass of water in one sip.

"You good? You went crazy with the drinks last night," Fezco mentioned, chuckling.

"Yeah, yeah," she replied lazily, "Uhm, by the way, sorry for being a bitch."

"That's all good," Fezco shrugged, "I always said alcohol made ya jealous."

Lulu rolled her eyes, "Shut the fuck up, I'm not!"

"Sure thing, ma'" he snickered with a small smile.

Lulu was drinking her coffee, eyes wandering about the windows that gave a view on her house when she noticed Fezco sighing at something on his arm.

"What is it?"

"Nothin'" Fezco blurted, rubbing soap on his arm.

Lulu raised an eyebrow in curiosity, walking all the way to the kitchen sink. She opened her eyes a little wider when she noticed a phone number sloppily scribbled on Fezco's skin.

"Oh fuck!" she laughed, "What'd I say last night, she clearly wanted to go to third base with you!"

"Nah, nah," Fezco said, "She was high as fuck, what people do and say when they high don't count."

Lulu gulped, recalling what she told Fezco before jumping in the pool. She did mean it.

"Depends."

Fezco watched the girl walking all the way back to the table, taking a large sip of her coffee, "It don' matter, I wasn't interested."

Lulu nodded and noticed her phone near Ashtray, on the couch. She grabbed it and decided to check her texts.

KAT & LULU

kat
whre did y go?
didnt ser you at all
im wasted
i fucked a dude
lost my fuckin v card and you arent here to celebrate wit me

Lulu laughed out loud, gasping in surprise, "The fuck! Oh my god, Kat."

lulu
FUUUUUUCK OMG KAT
wtffff omg
holy shit was it good?
looked for you everywhere
now i know why i didnt find you
you lil bitch omg

ZAHIA & LULU

zahia
saw you going at fezco's
holy shit i called it so long AGO
yo protect yourselves
dont get pregnant please
eheheh

lulu
wtf zahia???!
nothing happened
i crashed hard
got super wasted
dont tell mom
i'll be home soon

zahia
oh come on you wanna fuck him
wtf are you waiting for

lulu
LANGUAGE!!!
what the hell
and what no???!

zahia
im 15 i can curse
and hmm YES??!
honestly this is getting boring

lulu
shut your mouth

Lulu put her phone down, "I'm so fucking lazy, ugh."

Ashtray laughed at her, "You didn' need to say it, it's written all over yo' face."

"I don't know why I love you so much, you're such a lil bitch," Lulu said, "Hope you know that."

Ashtray and Fezco snickered at the girl's reponse, Fezco plopping down on the couch in front of them, lighting a cigarette.

Lulu's phone buzzed, the girl lifting her eyebrows when she saw it was a text from her agent.

ENOLLA
hey lulu, hope you're doing great
just to tell you
your audition has been moved to today
at 4pm
call me once you're out
break a leg

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," Lulu grunted.

LULU
hey eno, yeah all good here
what about you
sure thing i'll do my best
ttyl

"What's goin' on, ma?"

"You know that audition you asked me about?" Lulu said as Fezco nodded, "It's today. I ain't ready for that shit, come on."

Ashtray was quick to stand up, "Yo, she gonna walk in like this."

The young kid proceeded to walk nonchalantly, eyes half closed, trying to imitate her hangover look, "Sup bitch."

Lulu bursted out laughing, "Clearly what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna fuck this up big time."

"Nah, you gotta go in all confident and shit," Fezco said, "You know how to do that."

Lulu nodded, "Yeah, don't have the choice anyway."

She stood up and went inside Fezco's bedroom, grabbing her clothes scattered on the floor, "Is it okay if I drop off your clothes tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure," Fezco replied, "But you can keep 'em if you want. My shit looks dope on you."

Lulu bit her lip as she walked past the two guys, opening the front door, "Okay... See you later guys."

"Break a leg!" Ashtray shouted as she was already outside.

And, a few hours later, Lulu was in the city, walking inside the artistic complex all freshen up and holding her script, resume and book, trying to feel as confident as possible. Because that was one of the only ways to nail it.

( ... )

a/n i'm in love with lulu and ashtray's bickering, they have huge comedy potential. i hope you liked this chapter as much as i like writing them!