Chapter 35: war/harper

The growling and clawing that started 5 minutes ago outside was frightening. I had been playing with some of the children and Bradley's pack when the children where swept away by their parents and Bradley put me in this room to keep me safe. The moment somebody mind linked him he had me up here like the snap of the fingers.

I knew it was me and Xavier's pack coming to get me back so I was relived.

I looked out the window that was shielded with silver bars, not allowing me to jump out. I saw a huge brown wolf aka my mate, running towards the building but he stopped and turned his head to his right.

I followed his gaze to see the little girl I saw yesterday, crying while laying over her dead dad. Worry and sadness grew in me as I saw the sight. That little girls dad was dead, just yesterday she was playing with him and everything was okay but he had been swept away from her life forever.

Xavier picked her up and gave her to a woman who ran away towards the safe house. I smiled at my mate, he wouldn't just leave a little girl there.

Wait.. that girls dad just brought her to war with him?

I was interrupted with my train of thoughts when the wooden door was slammed open and slammed shut again. I looked up from the window and saw Bradley looking very worried.

I frowned at his worry. I hate it when people are upset or scared.

I walked over to the bed and sat down with him following me and sitting down next to me.

He took my hand and held it. I want to pull away but right now I know he needs it.

"Harper. Your aware of the war outside. I'm going to try my hardest to protect you." He started. He was lost of words.

"Bradley.. it's my mate coming for me, that's the other pack your fighting, that's my pack. I'm their Luna. If you just let me go, then the war will end and we can save many people from getting killed."

"I know that kidnapping you wasn't the best idea, it's just that.. when I first met my second chance mate, she looked just like you and it made me angry so I killed her and came after you. Now your the closest thing I have to a mate and I don't want to lose you-" he was about to go on but we heard a growl outside the door and in a flash he was standing protectively in front of me and Xavier was in front of him with all his naked glory.

Step out of the way." He used his Alpha command.

"Back down." he said. I could tell Xavier was surprised with Bradley's Alpha command on him but he didn't show it.

"That's my mate behind you." He growled stepping closer. The huskiness in his voice sent a shiver down my back.

"She's mine. You won't take her from me."

That really pissed him off and he shifted into his wolf, accidentally breaking a dresser as Bradley shifted as well.

Bradley leaped towards Xavier and he stepped the the side. I was going to get up and shift to stop them but Xavier was on top of Bradley in a flash and bit into his neck, slowly killing him.

I got up and walked over to Bradley. "I'm sorry it ended like this." I kissed my hand and placed it on his forehead.

"I'm sorry Harper, I love you." He whispered back before his last breath.
I feel bad for how he ended up. Nobody deserves his kind of death.

I got up and turned around towards my mate. His hair was messy but sexy as always and he was breathing heavy. His eyes were wild and were filled with need.

"Hello Xavier." I smiled at him before running into his open arms.

"Hello my love." He whispered into the crook of my neck, hugging me quite tightly.

"I'm ready to go home." I said to him as we pulled away.

"Let me take you home." He said lifting me into his arms, carrying me bridal style.

I laughed at him. "I can walk you know."

"I know."

I gasped when a thought came to mind and he looked at me worriedly. "What about Emma! Oh shit where's Emma?!" How the hell did I forget about Emma for 4 weeks?!

"She escaped don't worry I'll explain later." I sighed of relief. She wasn't harmed.

He carried me out the door and I hid my face in his chest trying to ignore the scene of dead bodies everywhere.

Hey everyone! Did I say this was the last chapter? Sorry I kinda lied. There will most likely be a few more chapters and this one was just a filler because I'm leaving tonight so I will be busy for a while. I know it was short and sucked but I hope you enjoyed the story so far and I love you. I hope you have a great spring break. Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment!