Chapter 6

We stood there for a few seconds, arms around each other, breathing in our scents.

And then he pulled away.

He looked at me with sadness filled in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes.

He shook his head. "Let's take you home." He said quietly as he turned on his heals and walked away with me following.

I walked out of the theater and over to his car. He was sitting in the drivers seat all ready to go where as I was sitting in the passengers side, shaking.

'Look at what you did!' My wolf yelled at me.

'I know... I'm sorry..'

'He hates us now! He hates us! Our MATE hates us!'

I shut up, scared of what I would hear next.

[...]

The ride home was silent. It scared me.

I felt bad for everything that happened, I just don't want a mate. I'm not going to risk our lives.

Bradley ignored my calls and I called about a thousand times.

"Harper!" Grace yelled through the other side of the door, knocking in it.

"Harper please come out!" She pleaded.

I locked the door so I could just lay in my bed and rest.

"Why." I said more as a complain then a question.

"Because your life isn't in bed."

"It is now."

Maybe him ignoring me is for the best. I can't have him get hurt because of me.

"No. Come on open up."

I stayed silent.

The door squeaked and I sat up quickly and saw grace standing there with a sad smile.

"How did you get in?" I asked.

"A key." she said smiling smartly.

I laughed a little and shook my head.

"Of course."

Her smiled disappeared as she came and say next to me on my bed.

"What happened.." she asked quietly.

I was silent for a few moments look at at her with pleading eyes hoping she wouldn't make me say it.

All she did was look at me in a questionably way.

I sighed and looked at my hands.

"I told him I didn't want a mate." I said quietly.

She gasped and covered her mouth.

"You rejected him?!" She whispered shouted clearly shocked.

"What? No! it's just... mom and dad.." I said the last part almost so quietly that not a even a werewolf could hardly hear. I can feel the tears beginning to form.

She groaned in frustration at my reply.

"Mom and dad's problem won't happen to you or him. You can't be afraid to love Harper."

"Love is the most painful thing in the world." I said back.

She was hesitant for a moment, thinking until she looked up at with seriousness in her eyes.

"No, Heartbreak is. Love is the happiness that comes with. So if it it's the most painful thing in the world.. don't you think that happiness must be pretty special?" she said as she got up and left me in my room speechless for what she just said.

'She's right you know' my wolf said.

'I know..'

'You need to accept him and hope he forgives us'

'What if he doesn't?'

'Then I don't know'

I got up and headed down stairs and walked outside.

The warm air mixed with the cold wind greeted me as I stood outside. I walked over to a large tree and stripped off my clothes making sure no one saw.

I quickly shifted into my wolf and started running towards Bradley's pack house, dogging trees.

It wasn't long until I reached their territory. I didn't even have to knock for someone to let me in because opened the door before I could.

It was a girl, she looked around in her late 20s. Her brown hair was in a bun and she was wearing a cleaning outfit.

"Come in Luna." she said bowing her head.

Luna? What?

"Um.. Thank you." I said as I took a step in.

"Alpha is in his office." She said as she continued to sweep.

"Oh, I'm looking for Bradley."

She stopped sweeping to look up at me with a confused expression.

"Yes, Alpha Bradley is in his office."

My eyes nearly popped out of my head.

"Alpha?" I choked out into a whisper.

She nodded, still looking confused as ever.

"He never told you?" she asked her eyes widening.

I shook my head with my eyes still bulging out. "He never told me he's the Alpha. Or that I'm luna."

"It won't be that bad, I promise you. you'll be the best Luna." She said giving me a sweet smile.

I returned the smile. "Thank you."

"Follow me." She said, motioning behind her with her head.

I followed her up the stairs that seemed to go on forever until we finally reached a white door.

She turned to me and smiled again. "This is the Alphas office, he was quite upset when he came home today."

I nodded as she left me alone at the door.

Alpha. He's an alpha no big deal. Just the leader of an entire pack and I'm the queen but no big deal.

Maybe I shouldn't have come. What if he doesn't want to see me? Ugh I don't know.

Why do my palms feel wet? Ugh, I'm sweating. I wiped my hands in my pants nervously and slowly opened the door to see Bradley sitting at his desk rubbing his temples.

Once he saw me he quickly stood up.

He didn't say anything for a few seconds so I guessed that was my time to talk.

"Bradley, I'm really sorry about what I said, it's just.... I'm terrified about having a mate."

He just shook his head confused. "Why are you scared?"

"My parents died."

He looked even more confused then before after I said that.

"My parents died because when my dad found my mom, my dad's pack thought they were spending to much time together and killed them both." I said.

"And you think that's going to happen to both of us?" he asked.

I nodded sadly looking down at my shoes until I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist.

I looked up at him, our eyes starring I to each other.

"Harper, that's not going to happen to us."

I shook my head. "We don't know that."