Chapter 22

This morning at the mall Emma allowed me to buy the clothes that I wanted to buy. And thank God she did! I laugh at the thought of her actually expecting me to run through the woods in heels and a small piece of cloth she called a dress.

Right now I was watching Cole make a "delicious" drink for a blind folded Jack.

"Are you almost done?" Jack groaned for the hundredth time out of boredom. He has been sitting there for half an hour and Cole is still not done. So far the ingredients for his drink was: water, milk, ketchup, pickles, mayo, Oreos, cabbage cheese, cut up chicken, and two bottles of salt.

"Almost! My god you have no patience!" Cole said back. I laughed at the bickering boys.

"It has been half an hour." I say agreeing with Jack while adding some carrots to the drink.

"That not a lot." he mumbled. A few minutes later he handed the cup to jack who was still blind folded.

"I'm done now drink up." He said while plopping himself in a chair in front of him.

"I wouldn't sit that close." I whispered to Cole, he just shrugged his shoulders.

Jack took a sniff above the cutest before a disgusted look came across his face. "It smells deadly. Harper, your my friend. Tell me now if he secretly put poison in the drink." jacked rambled on.

"He didn't put any poison in it." I laughed.

"Are you sure because I-"

"JUST DRINK IT ALREADY!" Cole shouted, interrupting Jacks worries.

He gulped before bringing the blue cup up to his lips and taking a sip.

The moment it went down, it came all the way back up again.

"Oh my god!" I shouted as I jumped back in surprise with laughter following not shortly after because he puked ALL my over Cole.

Jack ripped the blind fold off and stood up from the chair, wiping away the puke on his mouth with his sleeve.

Cole was still siting there with his eyes closed tightly shut with his mouth closed in a straight line as puke was all over his face and clothes and hair.

"Harper. YOU SAID THERE WAS NO POISON!" Jack shouted.

"There wasn't." I said quietly while biting my lip trying not to laugh.

"Why did I puke?" He asked.

"I don't know, weak stomach maybe? Sucks for you guys cause I'm NOT cleaning this up." I said as I sprinted out of the room, away from them and up to my bedroom.

[...]

"Who goes there?" I asked once I heard a knock on my door. I paused the tv and waited for an answer.

"Isabel." I heard a girl say followed with laughter. The door nob slowly turns before Isabel pops in.

"Hey." I say and smile.

"Hi." she says and smiles back.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Campfire, wanna go?" She asks

"Right now?" I ask look at the tv playing Mean Girls but then looking back at Isabel.

"Yep."

"Is it an actual campfire or a get drunk before mating games campfire?" I ask showing no interest at all. Don't get me wrong I LOVE campfires but I hate parties where people get so drunk and they start "grinding" on each other. It just plain nasty.

"I'm not sure I haven't gone down yet, Jack was telling me about it and Emma and Cole are there."

If it's a getting drunk party I'll be the one with the marshmallows and chocolate, eating s'mores all by myself.

"Okay." I say while getting up and slipping some tennis shoes on.

[...]

"Hey baby want a drink?"

I quickly turn around on the log I was sitting on from roasting my marshmallow (all by myself like I had predicted) to see a boy around my age holding out two red plastic cups.

He reeked of the smell of alcohol and his words were slurred. If I tapped him on the shoulder, I'm sure he would fall.

His gray eyes were droopy and his smile was really weird.

"Nah I'm good!" I yelled over to music that was sure enough going to affect my hearing.

"Fine." he saying, pouring out the drink to the side and drinking the rest of his.

"Wanna dance!" He tempted to yell back.

"No!" I shouted and got up to move to another log.

The fire was keeping me warmer then I already was. Werewolves were born with natural heat so with me being a werewolf, the million other werewolves dancing and getting sweaty behind me, and a fire, I'm surprised I didn't die yet.

I waited until my marshmallow was burn and caught on fire and blew on it. I'm not sure why but I LOVE when my marshmallows are burnt. Its like crunchy on the outside and squishy on he outside.

I laugh at the thought that I just said squishy. Wow I really am lonely, I just laughed at myself, by myself.

"WOOHOO!" I hear someone yell to my left. I turn my head over to where I heard the voice.

Cole was up in a tree getting ready to jump into the large pond that was super close to the fire. He jumps and makes a huge slash, soaking the people near the water while others laughed.

I sighed and looked back at the fire.

The mating games really is tomorrow.

'Just cheer up, we are going to meet our mate tomorrow!' My wolf spoke up, sounding really happy and excited.

'If we go.' I answer back.

'The Alpha King will make us go' she said sounding smug.

'We can run away once we get there' I said sounding just as smug as her.

'I really want to meet him Harper!'

'We can't' I know that my wolf needs a mate. I hate making her upset but, I just don't want to hurt others, I feel like I'm asking for to much if I ask for them to help me.

I'd love to meet my mate, but I can't.
I have to run away.