Chapter 5: blink of an eye

The tingles I felt between our hands still wouldn't stop and it made my wolf want to howl with joy.

His hand was soft and his thumb touched the top of my hand. His hands were also much larger then mine.

"What movie are we going to see?" I asked.

"What movie do you want to see?"

I gave him a look of disbelief. I was terrible at making decisions, I always panic.

He laughed and shook his head smiling. "Okay.. well we could watch The Conjuring if you want." He suggested.

I laughed in my head. He probably thought I was going to get scared so he can "protect me". Just thinking that made me laugh out loud.

"Okay sure."

"Or we could watch twilight." He said raising an eyebrow as we parked in front of the movie theater. I have him a look of disgust.

"I don't care what we watch as long as I get home as soon as possible." I mumbled. I didn't know he heard me until I saw his eyes get fill with hurt.

"Why do you want to get home so quickly?" He asked. I could see by his facial expression that he doesn't want to know.

"Because."

"Why do you want to push me away?"

Oh we are going too deep too soon.

"Probably because I don't want a mate." I said bitterly, he was getting on my nerves.

I turned my head towards him and his face was heart breaking. It looked like his heart just got ripped out of his chest and torn up into pieces. His eyes held so much sadness in them. He just sat there with his mouth open. Shocked probably.

I turned towards the window as we sat there parked. The look on his face wouldn't leave my mind and immediately I felt horrible.

"Bradley-" I was cut off by him getting out of the car and slamming the door shut.

I sat there and watched him pace around running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

I quickly hopped out of the car and walked up to him.

"Bradley I didn't mean it like that." I tried to explain.

"Mean it like what?! You said you don't want me! Harper! We're mates! We're supposed to love each other! I love you!" His voice as well held so much hurt. His eyes were filled with anger and pain.

My wolf whimpered at the sight.

'Look what you did! He's our mate! You were scared of him hurting you instead look what happened!' She yelled at me.

That made me shut up as I tried to ignore her.

"You don't even know me and it's not that I don't want you, I do..maybe."

Wow way to put it. (Note the sarcasm) "It's just that I don't want a mate." I tried to explain hoping to make things better only by making things worse.

"Whatever. Let's just go in there and get this over with."

He turned on his heels and walked in with me following him.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Nothing, I'm not hungry." I said looking at my shoes.

We walked in to take out seats and the thing that got my attention the most is how many people were there and the fact that they were all couples. It made me feel like the walls were closing in.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to Bradley. He ignored me.

[...]

It was at the part where the two ghost hunter people were searching the house putting cameras up and I had to go to the bathroom... like BAD.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I whispered to bradley and of course he ignored me. I got up and walked into the hallway, but as soon as I did something was covering my eyes and my mouth was taped shut with my hands held behind my back.

Someone is about to get their asses kicked.

I started screaming but nothing came out and I was kicking my legs as hard as I could. I stopped kicking when I smelt them. Rouges.

Oh my God... rouges... oh my God...

My head started feeling a little dizzy when I heard a growl. I couldn't tell if it was my own or not because I was panicking. I was thrown onto the ground behind someone as I tried standing up

I saw Bradley fighting off to rouges. He threw some really good punches in there because he broke the wall with one of their heads.

They weren't as strong as Bradley because they were in their human form. Bradley sure beat the shit out of them because they were knocked out COLD. Maybe even forever but I don't care. Bradley turned around towards me and his eyes were pitch black filled with anger.

I finally stood up with my own two feet so he could help me in duct tape my hands and mouth. Once I was free I ran towards him breathing in his sent as he did me to calm us both down.

"I'm really sorry." I whispered.

He just shook his head.

I don't think either of us know what to say. Everything happened so quickly.