chapter 15

"Is that her?" I heard a gentle girl voice say. She sounded like she was.. 12..13 maybe?

"That's her.. she doesn't usually look like this." I heard Isabel say.

I was laying in bed trying to pretend I was still asleep.

"Why does she look like that?"

What do I look like?

"Uhh.. I'm not sure. Why don't we head back down for breakfast?"

I heard them leave quietly and shut the door as they exit my room.

I slowly open my eyes. My eyes stung and felt irritated, my head was pounding, and my throat was all sore. I thought I was sick until I remember I had slept with my mouth open. My eyes probably stung because of how much I was rubbing them and my head pounds when I cry to hard. I don't know why, it just happens.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back but then quickly spreading into my legs and arms, filling them with pain. The worst part is I started longing for Bradley out of nowhere. I immediately knew what I was going through.. Heat.

Heat is kind of like puberty in a way.. except for it doesn't mean your growing up. When you go into heat, you start longing for your mate a LOT more and when you are away from your mate you start to feel pain.
Also you get a special sent that is only in your heat which signals you are ready to be mated. Which I don't think is correct because I am NOT ready for children. I would have to have children with.. him. Which in the future was going to happen.

I started crying again and sighed. I'm in pain all over, in my body and my heart. He doesn't love me. He never did. It hurts so bad.

"Luna?" I heard Isabel's voice as she walked into my bedroom once again.

"Who was the little girl?" I asked as I sat up to face her. Her long blonde hair was pulled back into a neat bun on the top of her head. I could tell she was wearing make up, she was wearing eyeliner, clear lip gloss, and eyeshadow.

"Alpha Bradley's little sister. She wanted to see you."

He never even told me that he had a sister! I've never met his parents! I haven't even met his beta or second in command. I've met complete strangers.

"I didn't know he had a sister." I state quietly. Isabel walks over to me, her face full of worry and concern and curiosity.

"What happened? You were supposed to have a great night!" She said. I know how hard she worked for me and I am so grateful for her.

"Ya umm..." I started but choked for a breath as I tried not to cry.
"I found out he tried to mark Clair." I finished.

Her eyes widen and mouth dropped.
"What?!"
I nodded sadly.

"He tried marking somebody else?" She said more in disbelief. "I can't believe we have such a coward of an alpha!" She exclaimed. My eyes widen. I can't believe she just said that and loudly to. He is still her alpha.

She must have seen my reaction because she looked at the door behind her and when the door was still closed she looked back at me and just shrugged her shoulders.

"How are you doing?" She asked.

I looked at her. Hold it in, hold it in, hold it in. I chanted. My body completely betrayed my brain just like bradley. I started crying as I leaned on Isabel for support.

"Hun.. I'm sorry.." she whispered as she held me like my sister would.
I cried even harder.

After a few minutes of crying I pulled away. "thanks." I sniffed and wiped my nose with my arm.

She nodded. "You should go clean up. Ill make us breakfast and we can watch a movie of you want." she suggested and left the room. I sighed and rubbed my head. I have the worst headache. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. My hair was all kinds of messed up, half of my hair was out of my bun and my make up was smeared all over my face.

I took off my ear rings and necklace and took out my bun. I grabbed some face cleaners and washed all the make up off my my face I got undressed and put my dress and underclothes next to the door and hopped in the shower.

The hot water felt good. I love warm showers. The water flattened the puffiness of my hair which was caused by hairspray.

I took shampoo and massaged my scalp with my nails.

[...]

I wrapped my now wet hair in a towel and put on some sweat pants and a shirt and my robe and headed down stairs into the kitchen.

"Hello Harper." Isabel said handing me a plate with eggs and bacon and toast and then giving me a glass of water.

"You mean Luna." I heard Bradley's voice. I looked up at the door and saw bradley standing there.

"No. Not luna, she may call me Harper." I said strongly, giving Isabel a reassuring smile, then turning to bradley shooting daggers into his eyes and to be honest.. he looked hurt and in pain.
Good.

The eggs and bacon are delicious. I've always loved toast so I know that was good. I drank my water in one gulp and finished the rest of my eggs.

Bradley was still standing there at the door. I could feel his eyes on me as I looked ahead and put the window.

"May we talk." he spoke softly.

"No." I said in my Luna voice as I walked away and into the living room with Isabel. She changed into her pjs when I was eating breakfast.

"What would you like to watch?" She asked me as she sat in front of the tv opening the drawer full of movies.

"Hmm.. guardian of the Galaxy." I said. She seemed taken back by my choice but laughed about it.

We got a blanket and sat on the couch and it started.