What Happened to Me?

There is a bit of a chance that some of my readers will be feeling a bit of deja vu. If so, then yes, this is Ellie. And yes, Wattpad deleted my old account. Without going into the details of why it was deleted (I suspect it was because of rage-scrollers not reading what I am actually saying, then complaining to their Twitter audience), I will explain why I was gone for so long.

Basically, I enjoyed the break and did my best to concern myself with my own spirituality. When I decided to come back a year or so later, I was discouraged when I reread what I wrote when I was 16. I thought, "I can't publish this! I don't believe some of these things anymore. I'm not certain of this fact anymore. I need more evidence. I need more wisdom. I wish I said this differently!"

But then I realized this was a good thing. I grew up a little bit. And I'm nobody special. I have struggles, sins, doubts, and suffering. I'm a hypocrite. I'm a human being just like you all. I never claimed to be a prophet- to speak for God. This book is just the thoughts of a flawed Christian. What I want out of this book is to provide thought, debate, spiritual growth, community. Most importantly, I want my readers to turn away from me and measure everything I write against the word of God.

I changed. But God never does.

An important note: I am editing and removing chapters. Even though I change I will never publish something I don't believe in. I also find it important to note that the changes are minor, and have nothing to do with me being banned. Being censored won't change how I read and teach the word of God. The changes mostly have to do with my perspective change regarding evolution. As you have likely read earlier, I am now a theistic evolutionist (wow, I never thought I would say that!). I will go into that later, God-willing! But feel free to DM me with questions or concerns.