How I Got Here

I was walking out of school back to my house,I put earbuds in and started listing to BVB and MCR, I then saw flashing red and blue lights outside the house. I knew why also.

*1 week earlier*

I was sitting at my desk at school, the bell then rang, "shadow, can I please see you" the teacher said, this teacher was my favourite in the whole school. I walked up to his desk "I've noticed that you flinch at the littlest sound, and a bruise on your head you try to cover up with your hair, is everything alright at home" the teacher asked. If I tell the teacher I can finally get out of this situation, so I told him the truth.

*present day*

I walked closer to the house and saw my father being dragged into a police car, he was fighting them, two police officers actually had to drag him. He then saw me "this is all your fault you little slut" he yelled at me. I took out my earbuds after pauseing the music. I waved bye to my father. Where would I go now, I've never had a mother in the picture only my father. Currently I was living in Tennessee and I had no friends. An officer walked up to me, "you must be Shadow, right? " he asked "yep" I said. He then motened for me to follow him. We got inside the house, "grab anything you want to keep" he said. I went to my room and got my hidden stash of money I had then walked back to the officer. "You got everything? " he asked, I nodded my head 'yes' we then went to his car and he drove for a long while.

After what felt like forever we got to this big brick building. He stopped in front of it, he then got out of the car and walked inside, I just sat there. He came back out and told me to go inside, so I did. Once I did there was a older looking lady, she showed me around the place, once the officer left she didn't look as nice as before. "Look, we don't like your kind here, I don't like kids so you better listen to everything I say" she said. I nodded my head in response,

I like to do that on purpose because I know it annoys people, everyone expects everyone to be perfect, if your a female at birth you must like pink, be skinny, only like pop music, be very sensitive, have long hair. If you're a male at birth you must like blue, have short hair, be emotionless, and like sports. Me on the other hand nobody can really tell if I was born female or male because I don't fit the gender standards. I where all black, I have longish emo hair, that I cut myself. Some people say I'm a boy because my voice, if they don't hear my voice I'm a girl. I don't mind my voice, but I don't think it sounds that good. I wish I had the voice of an angel but not as high.

The old lady got done with her speech, witch I zoned it all out. She showed me to my room, I happen to get the attic, of course, the dirtiest part of the house. I found a stick and started cleaning the cobwebs. This is going to be great. Only 6 years in this place, then I can live on my own. There is no way anyone would want me, people want the perfect children and I'm far from perfect. My father seems to not like my name but he's the one who named me, I find it strange.

I can hear other people down stairs talking, laughing, and haveing fun. I am just up in the attic with a window and the sound of Andy's voice, it's nice to hear, and comforting like I'm finally home, but I know I'll never be home. I stare out the window and watch cars drive by, I don't even know what state I'm in. Some of the cars drive by other stop by here, I can't ever tell who the people that come are, but most of them walk out with a small figure next to them, the small figure skipping to the car or being held. The only time I get food is once a week, just so I don't die, the old lady takes it up to me in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep, she doesn't want anyone to know I even exist.