Car Trip!

Lonny's POV

I pulled up to Artie and got out of my car. I pulled to the side of the road so if any other people came then I wouldn't be in their way. He seemed zoned out looking at a map. "Hey Artie" I said. He jumped a little and looked at me, "oh hey L- Wait Lonny?!? How did you find me? " he asked. "I just somewhat knew you and put two and two together. Let's talk in my car, I have air conditioning" I said. He nodded his head.

Summer in Texas can be brutal. I got into the drivers seat and Artie got in the passenger seat. "You hungry? " I asked him. He looked at me. "Yea- I mean, no not at all" he said. The first part was confident, but he cut himself off like he was scared of what I would do if he said yes.

I gave him some of the chips. "Are you sure I can have these? " he asked. "Yeah of course, you can have any of the food in this car" I told him. He looked happy. "So can I ask you something" I said. "Sure go for it" he said. "Why exactly did you run away? " I asked.

Artie looked at me, he looked me up and down, probably to see if he can trust me. He then sighed, "Okay fine, I trust you, but please don't tell anyone. So my 'parents' got into a big fight" he was saying, when he said parents he put air quotes around the word. "I was trying to find something in a drawer, I found something, not what I was looking for though" he said. "What was this thing? " I asked him. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded up peice of paper.

He handed it to me. I unfolded it, there was actually 5 papers inside the one. The first one I saw looked like a threat note. It read 'you'll only get your son back once you find us and give us what we want'. Hmm interesting. I put that paper in the back of the stack. The next paper was also a threat, actually most of them looked like threats. Besides the last paper in the stack.

The last one was his birth certificate. Interesting. "Did you run away to find your real parents? " I asked him. "Yeah, I would've waited a little longer, but during that fight I heard a gun shot... My fake dad killed my fake mom. When I left, there where cops every where" he said, his eyes where tearing up. "Please don't take me back to that place" he said. "I promise I won't" I told him. "Thank you so so so much Lonny" he said hugging me. "I have to make one call really quick" I told him after he was done with the hug. He nodded his head.

I grabbed my phone and called Andy. "Hey Andy" I said. "What's up?" he asked. "Well the thing I had to do, I did it, I found Artie" I said. "Lonny, you really went to find Artie, okay, when are you coming back with him?" he asked. "The thing is, I'm not coming back with him, when I come back it'll be by myself." I told him. "What are you going to do with him?" Andy asked. "I'm going to bring him to his real parents" I told him. "Okay, why did you call me?" he asked. "Well you know some people right? Do you or any of the guys by chance know someone named Christopher Cerulli?" I asked. I heard Andy asking the guys.

The phone then got handed off to someone else. "I know someone who is really good friends with him" CC said into the phone. "Okay, who's this person" I asked. "his name is Vinny Mauro" he said. "Okay, can you text me this guys number? " I asked. "Yeah sure" he said. He hung up. A few seconds later I got a text from CC with a number.

I clicked on the number and added it to my contacts, I clicked message. 'Hey, I'm sorry for bothering you, I'm a friend of CC's he gave me your number because I need to get in contact with one of your friends, his name is Christopher' I said. It didn't take that long for him to respond. 'Hello friend of CC's. Why exactly do you need to be in contact with Chris, he's currently doing some type of interview' Vinny said. 'Well, it's hard to explain, but basically I have his child sitting next to me in my car' I said. 'Oh, well, I at least know you're not a random fan who got my number somehow, yeah, umm here's his number, he's not actually in an interview' Vinny said immediately giving me a number.

I looked over at Artie to see how he was doing, he was fast asleep with a bag of chips open in his lap. I saved the new number to my phone, I clicked messages. 'Hello, I'm sorry for bothering you, but is this Chris? I got this number from someone named Vinny' I said. After a minute I got a text back 'yes this is Chris, what's up?' He asked. 'Well it's a long story, but basically I have your child in my car right next to me fast asleep' I said. 'Wait really, oh wow umm, if you don't mind, can you come over to bring him back home, of I could get him a plane ticket if you're busy. ' he said. 'Sure, just give me the address' I told him.

A few seconds later I got the text with the address. Wow, time to go all the way to Pennsylvania. I start driving I then get a call, I answer it "hello?" I said. "Hey, we where just texting, but I'm Chris" he said. "Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Lonny" I said. "So how did you meet my son? " he asked. "My friends son went to school with him, and they became close friends" I said. "Ooh, how did you find out he was my son" he asked. "Your son ran away, I found him, he showed me his birth certificate, and the father name was your name" I said. "Oh wow, how did you get Vinny's number? " he asked. "One of my friends are friends with him" I said. "Oh, that's cool, so how far away are you from here?" He asked. "About 26 hours" I told him. "Oh wow, you're such a cool person, coming all the way over here just to return my son, what ever could I do" he said. "You don't have to do anything, I'll just be happy that Artie gets a good home" I said. "You seems like such a nice person, I'm excited to meet you in person" he said.

We talked for quite a while. Until I got really tired. I told him I had to go and I pulled up to a hotel. Artie woke up as soon as I pulled up to the hotel, this one was nicer then the last one I was in. I think we're in Tennessee at the moment. "Hey, I think we are going to rest for a little bit here" I told Artie. "Okay" he said in a very sleepy voice. We both walk out of the car and go went. "Room for two please" I told the person. "Okay, for how long" they asked. "About two hours." I said. "Okay that will be $35" they said. I gave them the money and they gave me the key. We went to the room and went to bed, I passed out right away.