11.

The night out had gone well, although Ryujin would surely wake up with a hangover the next day. Yeji looking like she would share the same fate as her. Both of them sitting on the backseat of her friend's car as they drove the two home. More specifically to Ryujin's hotel room.

She doesn't really know how they reached such agreement and honestly, she didn't care. Ryujin was just happy that somehow Yeji had agreed to sleep over. Probably because neither of them had managed to think it through and realize what that entailed.

Now, both standing on the elevator and leaning against opposing walls, they shared a moment of silence. One that was filled with her own thoughts as she realized that there was nothing but one bed and a couch on her hotel room. Surely Yeji wouldn't want to share a bed and honestly, she wouldn't blame her. Meaning she would have to go through a night of sleeping on a couch and waking up with a headache afterwards and probably body ache to match.

Opening the door was not an easy task, apparently alcohol and hotel room cards are not the best combination. Earning herself amused laughter from the taller girl standing beside her as she observed her struggle.

Finally getting inside, Ryujin was quick to get rid of her jacket and drop her body on the couch. Only because it was closer than the bed. Followed by Yeji who had done the same, their body coming into contact as she did so.

"I'm going to regret drinking once I wake up." Yeji complained, closing her eyes.

Ryujin only humming in response.

After a few moments of silence, Ryujin sighed. Hands moving up to brush her hair back and eyes focusing on Yeji who looked absolutely beautiful despite the fact she was clearly just as drunk. Her eyes closed and head tilted back against the couch. Ryujin couldn't help but to admire her features.

"You're beautiful." She let out, just above a whisper. The other glancing her way with a questioning look. "I mean it."

"I know." Yeji admitted with a sigh. Allowing for a moment to pass in silence before speaking again. "Did you really reject Karina?"

Ryujin hummed, noticing how the other was no longer looking her way.

"Was it- Did you reject her because of me?" Yeji seemed to hesitate but clearly curiosity had got the best of her. Ryujin was always surprised whenever she showed any interesting in knowing things. It was the opposite of how she had acted when they had first got engaged.

"Yes." She admitted, nodding.

Yeji looked her way, staring without a serious expression without looking away. Taking a deep breath and getting up. Stopping beside her while holding out her hand. An offer Ryujin gladly took as she reached out and grabbed it, allowing the other to guide her near the bed.

"I can sleep on the couch." She offered, eyes staring at the big bed in front of her. Of course, it was more than big enough for the both of them. But Ryujin was still hesitating. Thinking about how her mind would race and sleep be driven off were she to lay next to Yeji on that bed.

Yet there she was.

Laying on one side while waiting for Yeji to join her. After she gave her some sweatpants and a t-shirt that she had packed. Yeji had gone to change clothing in the bathroom while Ryujin did so in the bedroom. Her eyes following the movement of the taller girl once she showed up again. Admiring the sight of Yeji wearing her clothes. God, she looked good.

It made her feel things. To observe Yeji wearing her clothing, it was something she could get used to. No. Something she wanted to get used to.

"Why are you looking at me?" Yeji asked, stopping as she approached the bed and tilting her head slightly.

"No reason." Ryujin didn't want to make things awkward so she contained the compliments she wanted to throw at the other. Only smiling and looking at the older girl getting into the bed.

There was distance between them. So much so that someone else could easily fit there. Yet Ryujin was still laying stiffly and she wasn't sure of how to relax. All too aware of the other's presence and thinking about how she could easily creep her out. What if Ryujin fell asleep and suddenly cuddled Yeji while she's sleeping? What if she's asleep and starts talking and saying nonsense?

"You know, I was so adamant on finding you when we were kids. Searched everywhere for you and dragged Hyunjin along. I used to tell him that I loved you." Yeji let out, voice soft yet loud against the silence of the night.

"You did?" Ryujin whispered, brows furrowing.

Yeji hummed. "I was so sure of it. But I was only a kid so I didn't know any better." She continued. "God. I gave your name to my parents when they were insisting I get married." Yeji chuckled, laying beside her. Both of them staring at the ceiling above.

"I wanted to look for you." Ryujin finally admitted. She had never told that to anyone. "But I wouldn't have known where to start." she explained with a sigh. After the night when they met as kids she ended up being sent to Paris, and she had no information on Yeji. Not even her name.

"I saw you a couple of times, you know? Once at some party years later and another time at the dance academy."

"Really? You should have spoken to me."

"I tried. I wanted to." Yeji admitted again, quietly this time. "Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had managed to."

Ryujin sighed. Things would have certainly been different. "Things are meant to happen a certain way." she tried to comfort the other. Reaching out to touch Yeji's hand. Only resting her fingers against it. "I would have messed up had we met then."

"Who says you haven't now?" Yeji countered, letting out a laugh while turning to face her. Ryujin chuckling before turning to face the other as well. Both of them staring at each other.

"Have I?"

Yeji shook her head.

"Good."