33.

Yeji was sitting on her living room couch, something that was entirely too nerve wrecking. Not because of her presence but because Ryujin was considering suggesting something that could make things awkward were the other woman to reject it.

Knowing she had an extra room, Ryujin had directed Yeji to place her belongings there. Yet now she kept entertaining the thoughts inside her mind that told her maybe they could sleep together. Something that was making her confidence grow with each passing second and part of her was nervous about the impending trainwreck.

"It would be close by and since I have the experience, they told me I'm definitely one of the top contenders. But there's others with just as much if not more experience interested so I didn't want to tell you and then have to break the bad news."

Ryujin hummed in understanding. "Then why did you?"

"I guess being here made me realize just how much I've missed you." she responded, casually and clearly. Something Ryujin had still not gotten used to. This side of Yeji was so unlike the one she used to know. Sometimes it caught her off guard how straightforward and honest she could be.

"I knew you'd miss me." Ryujin smirked, teasing Yeji and enjoying watching her bothered reaction.

"As if you haven't missed me."

With a smile, she leaned closer to Yeji and wrapped her arms around the other tightly, crushing her into a hug. "You're right. I did miss you."

"Let go." she whined, making Ryujin chuckle at the sound. You would hardly believe the girl was closer to her thirties than her teenage years judging by the way she glared back at her and pushed her off.

"Fine. If you don't want my love, I'll give it to someone else. Karina maybe?" she teased some more, truly pushing her luck but enjoying it nonetheless. Earning herself another glare from the girl besides her.

"Enjoy dating her then." she huffed, moving to her kitchen while Ryujin chuckled and her eyes followed her movement.

The two ended up spending the day watching kdramas which was surprisingly entertaining with both providing commentary, sharing snacks and getting cozy under blankets. Ryujin could get used to this, but she tried her best not to dwell on it. Surely getting caught up in her own expectations would result in nothing but a heartbreak.

By the time the two started showing signs of needing their rest, Ryujin had made up her mind to ask Yeji if she wanted to sleep in her bed. She even had prepared a few arguments as to why she should do so. Including the warmth she would provide, how her matress was much better and how having her right there would be better in case there's an emergency. Granted the last one was desperate at best.

Yeji yawned once again, showing just how tired she was after they had spent the day conversing and watching kdramas, food packages from the takeout they had ordered around them. It had been a good and relaxing day but tiring nonetheless with the traveling that had taken place. So Ryujin was more than ready to settle down in her bed and Yeji seemed just about ready to sleep as well.

The two began tidying up their mess and seemed to agree it was time to call it. Both of them moving towards the bedrooms. Of course, Yeji immediately went to the guest room and Ryujin didn't stop her. Instead she rushed to hers and changed as fast as possible so she could convince Yeji to share her bed before the other had a chance to get herself comfortable in the guest room.

Minutes passed and Ryujin knocked on the guest room, barely able to make out the invite to open the door coming from inside. Finding herself staring at Yeji in her pajamas, looking unfairly beautiful in clothing that had no business adorning her body in such way.

She must have been staring because Yeji suddenly raised a questioning eyebrow before rolling her eyes in annoyance, causing her to snap out of her trance.

"Can you stare any harder?" Yeji sounded annoyed but by now Ryujin figured it was her way of teasing her so she ignored the tone and chuckled instead.

"It's not my fault you left me speechless." She defended, leaning into the doorway. "I was going to ask if you'd like to sleep with me."

Yeji stopped folding her clothes and looked right at Ryujin, her eyebrows raised in both surprise and maybe interest? She seemed almost amused by her suggestion and Ryujin found herself smirking at the thought.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Hwang. I meant we can share my very comfortable bed instead of you sleeping in this one."

Yeji smiled, clicking her tongue and taking her time to study the bed nearby. Then she dropped what she was doing and began to move towards her, pausing for only a moment as she stood beside her. "You fooled me. I thought you were taking charge." she then gently patted her shoulder and left the room smiling, leaving her to stare in surprise.

Did Yeji want her to suggest that?

Ryujin blinked her way out of her thoughts by the time Yeji entered her bedroom and quickly caught up to her, grabbing her wrist and causing the older woman to turn towards her.

"If I do that, It won't be when we are both too tired to fully enjoy it." She responded, late but with enough confidence or so she hoped.

Yeji met her gaze and then her gaze dropped to her lips before she turned around again. "I'll believe it when I see it, Shin."