16.

(author's note: i would like to plea for your understanding and forgiveness)

They stood in front of Yeji's apartment building, Ryujin smiling as she stared at the other before reaching to pull her closer. Their smiles widening as they held against each other. Yeji's nose lightly rubbing against hers.

"I won't see you for a few days." Yeji let out, whispering.

"That's okay. You have your internship to focus on. Just promise me that whenever you're free, you'll let me take you on another date." Ryujin countered.

"Who says the first went well enough to have a second?" Yeji teased, causing her to chuckle and look down at the way Yeji's hands held onto her jacket.

"Call it an inkling." she offered, kissing the other's cheek lightly. Barely making contact with it.

Yeji smiled and closed her eyes at the contact and then she stepped back. "It's late, I have to rest."

Of course, she didn't want to let go. Ryujin's hand holding onto Yeji's as she attempted to walk away.

Taking a couple of steps forward and reach the older woman Ryujin placed a hand on her jawline. "Can I have a kiss to last me for the days without you?"

"You're so clingy." Yeji complained.

Ryujin only nudging her nose with hers, making Yeji laugh before she placed a peck against her lips.

"You call that a kiss?" she complained while her hands moved to hold Yeji's waist and prevent her from walking away again, pouting and earning herself an eye roll.

"Extremely clingy." she muttered, Yeji's hands suddenly placed on both sides of her face and her lips crashing onto hers. Softly yet much more intensely than the peck she had received moments before.

"I really have to go now." Yeji whispered once the two broke their kiss a minute later. Ryujin taking advantage of the moment to steal another peck before nodding with a smile.

"Goodnight, Yeji."

"Goodnight, Ryujin."

Needless to say, the entire walk back to her hotel room Ryujin had a smile on her face.

The next few days Ryujin had attempted to busy herself either with her high school friends or sightseeing on her own. Yet she kept missing Yeji. Maybe it was because of all the time they hadn't been able to see each other since the older woman had moved to Paris. Maybe she really was clingy.

Either way, she kept debating whether or not to text the woman. Would it seem desperate to do so?

For days she avoided it. Tried her best not to look like she was obsessed, all while questioning herself if she was indeed obsessed with Yeji.

Was it the kissing? Her fingers moved to touch her lips as she recalled the kisses between them. Was she that needy for that type of physical contact? Then again, she hadn't stopped making out and sleeping with women during the time they were friends. And never had she missed them afterwards.

It was her feelings, wasn't it?

She wanted Yeji around. Not because of the two making out. No. She simply wanted to spend time with her.

With a sigh, Ryujin cursed to herself. She had never been one for feelings and much less for relationships. Yet there she was, falling hard for Yeji.

What if Yeji decided to stay in Paris?

Wouldn't what they're doing now only cause it to hurt more? Wouldn't it make moving on harder?

Ryujin wasn't going to move halfway across the world to live in Paris. Her life was back in Seoul. Her future job, her family company, her friends and her family.

And Yeji...

Yeji seemed to be enjoying Paris. But would she choose to stay? Or go back home?

Her mind kept running through the scenarios and eventually, much to her disappointment, she realized that whatever choice Yeji made shouldn't be dependent on her. It should be for herself.

But wouldn't that mean she would choose Paris?

With a sigh and determination, Ryujin walked to the art gallery where the older woman worked.

As she moved to speak to the secretary, Yeji showed up. Looking all too surprised to see her there yet again.

It had been 4 days since the last time they spoke. Just over a week since Ryujin had landed in Paris. Their time was flying by and she thought it was necessary to have a conversation about it.

"Why are you here?" Yeji asked, while she helped her carry the art supplies. The two walking through the streets together.

"I came to talk to you."

"What is it?"

Ryujin looked over at the woman, diverting her gaze back to the street within a second. "I want you to make the decision for yourself."

"What are you talking about?"

With a sigh, she attempted to explain her way of thinking. "I don't want you to decide to stay here or go back because of me. Whatever your choice is, it should be unrelated to me."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to wake up in a few years and regret not staying here. I don't want to be at fault for any 'what if' thoughts you might have."

"You're that sure I'd go back home? If I were to take you into consideration."

"I'd hope so." Ryujin answered honestly. "But truthfully, you seem happy here. You're more relaxed. Even the way you dress has changed."

Yeji nodded and hummed in agreement. "Being here comes without pressure to be what I am expected to. Living without expectations is strangely freeing. I don't know if I'll ever have that back home." The last phrase came in the form of a whisper and Ryujin couldn't offer any comfort. Truth was, pressure came with their family name. Being back in Seoul would always come with expectations for the two of them.

"If you're happier in Paris, you have to choose it." Ryujin said, but part of her didn't want to say those words. Part of her wanted to be selfish and beg Yeji to come home with her. "Whatever choice you make, my feelings will remain the same. But I know where I need to be. And I think deep down, so do you."

Yeji hummed. "We still have just over two weeks." Ryujin offered with a smile as they finally reached the building where the other lived. "Let's make the most of it."

"Okay."