34.

"Are you two dating?"

Ryujin cringed at the sudden topic of conversation, scrunching her nose in response to her father's question.

"Father, can we please not talk about this." she whispered, shaking her head and dismissing such subject. Mostly because she found it difficult to speak about. How would she even begin to explain what the two of them had. And to her father of all people.

"I might be older than you, Ryujin, but I'm not blind."

With an annoyed grunt, Ryujin dropped her head to her hands, wanting nothing less than to talk about this with her father.

"She's had your mother's approval since the first dinner."

Ryujin peaked between her hands, raising an eyebrow at her father. "Not before that? You two were the ones to set up our marriage."

"Yes, in theory but we hadn't truly met the girl before." Her father elaborated. "I think the entire family would be happy to see you two work it out. Your sister speaks wonders about her."

"Of course she does." Ryujin whispered before sighing. "She's amazing. But it's complicated."

"You've soften up to her haven't you?" her father asked again, sipping the drink on his hand, more than likely expensive whiskey.

"I can't say I hate your choice of fiancée as much as I used to."

The smile on her father's face was rather annoying and she hated that he was so smug about setting them up, especially after the engagement had fallen through.

"She might be coming back to Seoul." Ryujin announced, her gaze avoiding her father's.

"And what will you do about it?"

She shrugged, looking in the direction where Yeji stood with her mother. The two making sure the dinning table looked perfect. "I want to make it work."

Not five minutes later they sat down to eat together. Surprisingly Ryujin had managed to convince her family to order in, avoiding the trouble of cooking. After much debating her mother agreed to it, once Ryujin pointed out they were guests at her home and therefore it should be her decision. Luckily her father backed her up on it and so did Yuna who was thrilled to be eating pizza.

"So, Yeji, how have you been?" Her mother questioned, her smile looking anything but innocent. Clearly she was fishing for something there.

Ryujin quietly observed the interaction, watching as Yeji told her family about Paris and her job.

"She's an amazing artist." Ryujin offered, eyes meeting Yeji's.

"Is that so?"

Yeji of course played it off, underselling her talent while Ryujin continued to praise it. Making sure everyone knew how amazing she was.

"Ryujin, stop. I'm only just starting out." Yeji argued but Ryujin dismissed it.

"Nonsense. You're talented and should never sell yourself short."

The two smiled at each other, Yuna looking between them and coughing to break the intense eye contact. Her father and mother sharing a glance that said too much. Ryujin felt too seen, as if they could tell without her saying as much that she loved Yeji. As if it was written all over her.

"You could stay here." She offered, once her parents were getting ready to leave back to their hotel.

Her mother kissed her forehead and smiled, rubbing her arm. "There's no need for that. You girls enjoy your time alone. We will be more than happy at the hotel. Your father loves the bar, I wouldn't want to get him away from it. And I have a massage booked for tomorrow." Clearly they were trying to give them privacy and Ryujin tried her best not to think about the things her parents might imagine they do when they're alone.

Once everyone had bid their goodbyes and only her and Yeji were left in the apartment, the two fell into a comfortable silence. Ryujin settling down on the couch and observing as Yeji made her way next to her.

"I hope they weren't too nosy."

Yeji smiled, shaking her head. "I had fun."

"Did you?"

Yeji only nodded, leaning back into the couch. Ryujin changing channels as if she was watching tv when her attention was locked on Yeji instead.

"Could you see yourself dealing with them every holiday?"

"Ryujin..." Yeji whispered, chin resting on her arm, slightly turned to face her.

Ryujin smiled, leaning closer to Yeji. "You know, my parents adore you." she whispered, reaching to brush back Yeji's hair. The eye contact between them intense.

"They do?" Yeji questioned, her eyes clearly lowering to focus on her lips, voice barely audible.

She hummed, licking her lips and watching as Yeji seemed to react to it.

"So do I." she announced, although both knew so already.

Yeji smiled, dropping her head into Ryujin's shoulder while she giggled at how awkward they could be. Yeji laughing as well. Until their laughter died down and lips connected.