40.

"Ryujin?"

She looked up, her head had been down as she waited still against the wall by the bar she had been inside a while before. Now Yeji called her name, standing in front of her.

Ryujin's eyes met the other's and she felt guilt finally settling in.

Nothing she had done had been inherently wrong. Ryujin was single and had been having fun. Yet she couldn't help but to feel guilty about her actions.

They didn't say anything else before Yeji helped her to the car parked nearby. Luckily the walk wasn't long. Not that she couldn't walk by herself. Ryujin wasn't that wasted. But because Yeji had her hand on the small of her back as if to guide her.

Ryujin sat quietly on the passenger seat, her face facing the window beside her, eyes scanning the night lights spread through Seoul. The radio was playing some songs, soft and she was thankful for the contrast against the songs that had played inside the bar earlier.

Yeji had yet to speak again. And Ryujin wasn't sure what to think of it. If she was upset that she lied about her plans earlier. Or if she was simply waiting for her to speak first.

Eventually, after what must have been five minutes or more, Ryujin decided to break the silence.

"I'm sorry." her voice was soft, arm resting by the window and chin prompted on it. Eyes still focused outside.

"It's fine Ryujin. I'm okay with giving you a ride."

Ryujin gulped, feeling the guilt build up more with each passing second. Her lips pressed against each other, eyes now focused on her hands that were playing with each other on her lap.

"I kissed someone tonight." she blurted out. Eyes closing in fear of the other's reaction. She hoped that it was anything but disappointment. Ryujin would rather have Yeji be agree than for her to be disappointed at her.

"Okay." Yeji said, a few seconds later. Her tone devoid of any signs of emotion. Ryujin finally opening her eyes and glancing at the woman driving.

She must have looked confused before Yeji glanced her way and then sighed as she looked back at the road ahead. Her right index finger tapping against the wheel. "You don't have to feel bad about that."

Ryujin knew that. She knew that she was single and yet it didn't make her feel any less guilty.

"I know. It's just that..." Ryujin sighed, shaking her head. Her mind was still fuzzy from all the alcohol she had consumed. "I kissed her and I was having fun but then..."

Yeji waited and when nothing followed, she glanced again her way waiting for Ryujin to continue.

"I wanted it to be you." Ryujin finally admitted, letting out a deep breath of frustration.

"Karina wanted to go out and it sounded so fun. I enjoy it, always have. We were having fun drinking and dancing and all was going well. All went well."

"And you two kissed?" Yeji asked, her eyes not moving from the road, slowing down as she reached Ryujin's apartment complex.

Ryujin shook her head. "No. She left with some girl she met at the bar. Then another pulled me to the bathroom and then next thing I knew..." Her hands moved wildly, as if trying to communicate the make out session without using words to describe it. Yeji seemed to get it, her arm resting on top of the wheel after she stopped the car.

"Look, you don't have to explain all this to me. We aren't dating." Yeji explained, her gaze moving away from her the moment she said the last word. "Also, you might not be aware of this but you're slurring your words. You need to get to your bed and sleep the alcohol off your system."

Ryujin frowned. No, she hadn't realized she was slurring her words and she found it offensive Yeji seemed to think she was doing so. Ryujin wasn't even that drunk.

"I'm fine."

Yeji rolled her eyes, "Clearly." She sighed a moment later and took off her seatbelt, leaving the car and moving to the passenger seat. Opening the door she helped Ryujin while the younger girl stumbled slightly. "Come on. Let's get you home."

Ryujin only managed to mumble a "I can do it myself" while Yeji continued to hover around her as if she would fall at any moment.

The two walked into her apartment with ease. After a struggle when it came to opening the front door. Ryujin refusing to give Yeji her keys but failing to open it herself. Until the other managed to take them off of her and do it.

Next thing she knew, Ryujin was laying with her clothing still on in her bed. And that was the last thing she remembered before all turned black.